Transformation work of The Headrow, Leeds.

Bunkers, shelters and other buildings
Leodian

Re: Transformation work of The Headrow, Leeds.

Postby Leodian » Fri 11 Oct, 2019 11:17 am

Thanks Tabbycat (Tabby) for your kind words :).

PS. Your "I would never have guessed that a major thoroughfare in Leeds had glazed brick as a foundation" helped me because when I posted about such as 'tile-like white bricks' and 'cream bricks' I could not think of the much better 'glazed bricks'. It's funny how a mind (well mine ;)) can go blank when trying to think of a word or particular thing. For example when watching a film or a program on television I often recognise someone but cannot bring their name to mind yet I can name the other actors!
Last edited by Leodian on Fri 11 Oct, 2019 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.
Leodian

Re: Transformation work of The Headrow, Leeds.

Postby Leodian » Fri 11 Oct, 2019 11:53 am

Thanks uncle mick for the link to that fascinating photo in Leodis :). The gentleman dressed in white looks very tall!

It's interesting that the location is still a bank, being a Halifax Bank branch that is part of Lloyds Bank. The site was a Leeds Permanent Building Society branch for a while until that society merged with the Halifax Building Society many years back and the Leeds name was later dropped. What is now the main office of the Leeds Building Society diagonally opposite the location was called the Leeds and Holbeck Building Society until it changed that name a few years back.
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.