Pontefract Lane new build?

Bunkers, shelters and other buildings
Tyke
Posts: 164
Joined: Thu 17 Nov, 2011 10:55 am

Postby Tyke » Fri 31 Jan, 2014 1:00 pm

Does anyone know what is been built on the site of the old fruit and veg retail market down Pontefract Lane. I passed it yesterday and saw that they are building a rather substantial pre fabricated concrete sub structure.
Hunslet born and bread
Phill_dvsn
Posts: 4423
Joined: Wed 21 Feb, 2007 5:47 am

Postby Phill_dvsn » Fri 31 Jan, 2014 1:09 pm

Tyke wrote:
Does anyone know what is been built on the site of the old fruit and veg retail market down Pontefract Lane. I passed it yesterday and saw that they are building a rather substantial pre fabricated concrete sub structure.

I can see a tower crane from where I am, it looks to be in that area of Cross Green.
It's not very often you see a crane that way.
Is it the same building site?
My flickr pictures are here
http://www.flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/

Because lunacy was the influence for an album. It goes without saying that an album about lunacy will breed a lunatics obsessions with an album - The Dark side of the moon!
User avatar
uncle mick
Posts: 1436
Joined: Wed 14 Jan, 2009 6:43 am

Postby uncle mick » Fri 31 Jan, 2014 1:46 pm

Is it the new incinerator ??
User avatar
uncle mick
Posts: 1436
Joined: Wed 14 Jan, 2009 6:43 am

Postby uncle mick » Fri 31 Jan, 2014 1:52 pm

Photo David Emerson Leedsface
http://tinyurl.com/nqmrybu
Attachments
Incinerator.jpg
Incinerator.jpg (29.2 KiB) Viewed 2311 times

User avatar
cnosni
Site Admin
Posts: 4199
Joined: Wed 28 Mar, 2007 4:47 pm

Postby cnosni » Fri 31 Jan, 2014 6:03 pm

Yes Uncle Mick its the new incinerator
Don't get me started!!
My Flickr photos-
http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/
Secret Leeds contact
info@secretleeds.com
Tyke
Posts: 164
Joined: Thu 17 Nov, 2011 10:55 am

Postby Tyke » Fri 31 Jan, 2014 6:03 pm

Phill_dvsn wrote:
Tyke wrote:
Does anyone know what is been built on the site of the old fruit and veg retail market down Pontefract Lane. I passed it yesterday and saw that they are building a rather substantial pre fabricated concrete sub structure.

I can see a tower crane from where I am, it looks to be in that area of Cross Green.
It's not very often you see a crane that way.
Is it the same building site?

Thats the one Phill new incinerator possibly
Hunslet born and bread
hyperion
Posts: 85
Joined: Sat 07 Dec, 2013 3:58 pm

Postby hyperion » Sun 14 Sep, 2014 12:54 pm

Drive-by picture of the LEEDS Recycling and Energy Recovery Facility (RERF).Apparently the largest timber structure in the U.K .

Attachments
leed rerf.jpg
leed rerf.jpg (1.01 MiB) Viewed 2312 times
They say i have no talent and that I'm difficult to work with.And they say it as if its a bad thing
raveydavey
Posts: 2886
Joined: Thu 22 Mar, 2007 3:59 pm
Location: The Far East (of Leeds...)
CONTACT:

Postby raveydavey » Sun 14 Sep, 2014 4:02 pm

hyperion wrote:
Drive-by picture of the LEEDS Recycling and Energy Recovery Facility (RERF).Apparently the largest timber structure in the U.K .



So, they're building an incinerator out of wood? Interesting....

Wink
Speaking the Truth in times of universal deceit is a revolutionary act – George Orwell

User avatar
cnosni
Site Admin
Posts: 4199
Joined: Wed 28 Mar, 2007 4:47 pm

Postby cnosni » Sun 14 Sep, 2014 5:44 pm

raveydavey wrote:
hyperion wrote:
Drive-by picture of the LEEDS Recycling and Energy Recovery Facility (RERF).Apparently the largest timber structure in the U.K .



So, they're building an incinerator out of wood? Interesting....

Wink


What could possibly go wrong?
Don't get me started!!
My Flickr photos-
http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/
Secret Leeds contact
info@secretleeds.com
raveydavey
Posts: 2886
Joined: Thu 22 Mar, 2007 3:59 pm
Location: The Far East (of Leeds...)
CONTACT:

Postby raveydavey » Sun 14 Sep, 2014 6:02 pm

cnosni wrote:
raveydavey wrote:
hyperion wrote:
Drive-by picture of the LEEDS Recycling and Energy Recovery Facility (RERF).Apparently the largest timber structure in the U.K .



So, they're building an incinerator out of wood? Interesting....

Wink


What could possibly go wrong?


Regular SmileyRegular SmileyRegular Smiley
Speaking the Truth in times of universal deceit is a revolutionary act – George Orwell

Return to





Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 12 and 0 guests