Is the search facility currently working OK?

Got a question about Secret Leeds? Start here
Leodian

Post by Leodian »

I have tried searching for various things and every time I am getting nothing found when I know there is definitely something in SL that relates to what should be a straight forward search query. I wonder if anyone else is currently having a problem with the search facility?
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

stutterdog

Post by stutterdog »

Leodian wrote: I have tried searching for various things and every time I am getting nothing found when I know there is definitely something in SL that relates to what should be a straight forward search query. I wonder if anyone else is currently having a problem with the search facility? I've just had the same problem when searching for " Things you don't see anymore"
ex-Armley lad

jim

Post by jim »

The "google search" facility at the head of the "Useful Links" and "Contact Us" etc pages is working, but not the "search" facility in the "Help" ---- "Register" bar.

simong

Post by simong »

Use Google advanced search with site: secretleeds.co.uk, it works a lot better.

stutterdog

Post by stutterdog »

jim wrote: The "google search" facility at the head of the "Useful Links" and "Contact Us" etc pages is working, but not the "search" facility in the "Help" ---- "Register" bar. Thank you for that information
ex-Armley lad

dsco
Site Admin

Post by dsco »

I think I borked the search function whilst doing the image uploader upgrade last week, I'll be looking at it in the next couple of days!
Contact me via ask@tyrell.mobi if you have any questions or comments about the site.

dsco
Site Admin

Post by dsco »

The one on this page works fine: http://www.secretleeds.com/It's the one in the forum pages that I messed up!
Contact me via ask@tyrell.mobi if you have any questions or comments about the site.

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

dsco wrote: I think I borked the search function whilst doing the image uploader upgrade last week, I'll be looking at it in the next couple of days! Cheers dsco. I leant a new word there in "borked". On searching I found that "To Bork is to break in almost any way. Can be used to completely replace "break" esp. pertains to rendering software done (aka borked, broken) or completely unusable, similar to bricking as well...". I'll have to though now look up "bricking"!
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

dsco
Site Admin

Post by dsco »

Hello, I've been working on standardising the search boxes across the site, and I've added it to the Active Threads page for the first time as well. Let me know if you spot anything that's nt working correctly! Made some other layout tweaks so that New Threads and New Messages pages fill the available width of the screen. If you notice any pages that are still the wrong width or laid out weirdly, post something below or email ask@tyrell.mobi. Cheers!

dsco
Site Admin

Post by dsco »

Hopefully I haven't borked anything in the process Leodian