Trinity Leeds Project

Bunkers, shelters and other buildings
raveydavey

Post by raveydavey »

Leodian wrote: In late a.m. to early p.m. today (March 21 2013) I, along with what looked like most of Leeds, was in the new centre that was officially opened today. It was heaving with people! I thought I would post this photo that may give an idea of the scene (in the centre is the horse artwork).It is utterly amazing inside, which came as a surprise as it was hard to tell from the outside while the work was going on.         Apparently they've had 100,000 people through the doors today! It looked like sheer purgatory, but no doubt mrs ravey will want to visit at some point...
Speaking the Truth in times of universal deceit is a revolutionary act – George Orwell

tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

I understand the station is handy for access and egress to/from it
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/

Cardiarms

Post by Cardiarms »

Do you think they built and mothballed an underpass to the station?

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

Cardiarms wrote: Do you think they built and mothballed an underpass to the station? A new secret tunnel. Nice one Cardiarms.
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

Cardiarms

Post by Cardiarms »

It might not be totally new, it might connect with the Bond treet Tunnel, cheaper that way see.

tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

Cardiarms wrote: Do you think they built and mothballed an underpass to the station? I was being a little facetious in suggesting Mrs Ravey lets the train take the strain, but who knows? It would certainly make Boar lane a safer place if there was some crossing either below ground or raised above street level but I suspect any suggestion of a raised crossing would be ruled out due to interfering with follybus. Back to the tunnel throry
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/

raveydavey

Post by raveydavey »

tyke bhoy wrote: Cardiarms wrote: Do you think they built and mothballed an underpass to the station? I was being a little facetious in suggesting Mrs Ravey lets the train take the strain, but who knows? It would certainly make Boar lane a safer place if there was some crossing either below ground or raised above street level but I suspect any suggestion of a raised crossing would be ruled out due to interfering with follybus. Back to the tunnel throry I know we're veering off topic here, but I've never understood why the great unwashed, on arrival at Leeds station, are funnelled out to cross Bishopsgate Street where it meets City Square. Surely it would make more sense to send the massed hordes along New Station Street, avoiding the obvious bottleneck (even with the widened pavement)...?
Speaking the Truth in times of universal deceit is a revolutionary act – George Orwell

tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

With all due respect have you tried new station street in rush hour? The pavement is narrow, on only one side to/from the NCP and without railing/barrier. Add to this pedestrians going against the flow, the narrowing even further over the bridge, the frequent flow of buses and taxis cutting from the initial rank on the left to the final bit of the rank on the right. For these reasons in "rush hour" I rarely use new station street towards the station and only used it out of the station when permitted to use the alley off platform 8 under city house to exit the station.

Phill_dvsn

Post by Phill_dvsn »

The first ‘pop up’ 1D World store in the UK is opening in the Trinity centre this week (no idea what one of those is)But to celebrate you can win tickets in the Y.E.P herehttp://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/news/lat ... -5504448Do be warned though, you must only inflict this punishment on your worst enemy. I can't think of nothing worse than having life-size cardboard stand ups of these band members     
My flickr pictures are herehttp://www.flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/Because lunacy was the influence for an album. It goes without saying that an album about lunacy will breed a lunatics obsessions with an album - The Dark side of the moon!

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

While I was the centre later on this morning (March 23 2013) the snowy weather revealed what could be a design problem. Parts of the centre overlooking Trinity Church are open to the elements and as a consequence snow was getting inside (and there was a stiff cold draught). The photo with this post gives an indication of the snow (admittedly not much) but not the large wet area immediately around inside. A cleaning lady was having a lot of work to do there as most of the snow getting in was thawing and wetting the floor.That weather would get in there would have been very obvious (it certainly should have been!) then perhaps it was designed to let outside air blow in for ventilation.
Attachments
__TFMF_ep44aha1xg4wcdvemwwfkc55_0f6dbc0f-60a7-4537-a86c-1f104a0acced_0_main.jpg
__TFMF_ep44aha1xg4wcdvemwwfkc55_0f6dbc0f-60a7-4537-a86c-1f104a0acced_0_main.jpg (82.72 KiB) Viewed 5491 times
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.