Old Dispensary

Bunkers, shelters and other buildings
Jogon

Post by Jogon »

That 1867 value you mention equates to some £440,000 in today's money.Land and labour would have been much cheaper.    Don't remember it, I was usually wheeled into LGi for my frequent biffs, dents, breaks, deep cuts and suchlike.

book

Post by book »

A good old place for getting patched up, regular visits there after coming off the home made bogies.
Is it me or has Leeds gone mad

electricaldave

Post by electricaldave »

They did a clever job of changing it some years back, it isn't the same size as it was, but you can hardly tell due to the way they altered it.I did some maintenance work on occasion there, can't remember what it was now, used to be a regular thing, pain in the backside lugging all my tools over from the LGI

somme1916

Post by somme1916 »

book wrote: A good old place for getting patched up, regular visits there after coming off the home made bogies. Oh,thought you'd be like the rest of us......we used to eat ours so there was never any problem.
        I'm not just anybody,I am sommebody !

Jogon

Post by Jogon »

electricaldave wrote: a regular thing, pain in the backside I'd have that 'looked at' so to speak

somme1916

Post by somme1916 »

somme1916 wrote: book wrote: A good old place for getting patched up, regular visits there after coming off the home made bogies. Oh,thought you'd be like the rest of us......we used to eat ours so there was never any problem. And pick scabs off knees 'n elbows......daren't even mention what happened to them suffice to say I am still alive......rumours of my demise have been greatly exaggerated.....
        I'm not just anybody,I am sommebody !

zip55

Post by zip55 »

Managed to get myself dragged off to what is now the East Leeds Clinic (on Harehills Lane) for stitches a few times ... what was it called back in my day (late 1960's)?

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

Passing by today I noticed that the old Dispensary building is up for sale. I don't recall seeing the For Sale notices when I passed a few days back, so they would seem to have been put up very recently. I wonder what it will get developed into?
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

jdbythesea

Post by jdbythesea »

Leodian wrote: Passing by today I noticed that the old Dispensary building is up for sale. I don't recall seeing the For Sale notices when I passed a few days back, so they would seem to have been put up very recently. I wonder what it will get developed into? Can anyone say how long the building has been empty : I thought that it was occupied by the Leeds Centre for the Deaf and Blind? I'm guessing that it will have listed building status which will likely restrict its re-development.JD

book

Post by book »

Unless the developer torches it and then works from a blank canvas
Is it me or has Leeds gone mad