Jimmy Savile

Off-topic discussions, musings and chat
String o' beads

Post by String o' beads »

Died
Last edited by String o' beads on Wed 20 Jan, 2021 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chrism

Post by Chrism »

Now then, now then. RIP Mr Savile. You were a Leeds legend, the creator/inventor of the modern day disco. You will be missed.http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/ ... feed=true2 days away from his 85th.
Sit thissen dahn an' tell us abaht it.

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Just so much to be remembered for - the words just don't say it do they, but we all know the good, joy and happiness he brought to so many and his legacy will always be alive in Leeds

Cardiarms

Post by Cardiarms »

he was a Bevin Boy as well.

Phill_dvsn

Post by Phill_dvsn »

Yes sad news.No more cigar smoke to be smelt wafting around Lakeview Court where he lived. I occasionally delivered his post when I was a Postie. I never saw him, but you could always smell the cigars. He'd get letters from the Queen regular Sir James Saville O.B.E R.I.P     
My flickr pictures are herehttp://www.flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/Because lunacy was the influence for an album. It goes without saying that an album about lunacy will breed a lunatics obsessions with an album - The Dark side of the moon!

raveydavey

Post by raveydavey »

Just heard the news - a sad day for Leeds.I had the pleasure of chatting to him a couple of times when we were at Roundhay Park - he seemed a really genuine guy, no airs, no graces, just as down to earth as you'd expect a Leeds lad to be.RIP Sir James.
Speaking the Truth in times of universal deceit is a revolutionary act – George Orwell

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

About 5 years back (if that) I was walking on King Lane from Golden Acre Park and a motor cyclist drove by at great speed towards Alwoodley. I recall thinking he was going far too fast. As I reached the King Lane /Alwoodley Lane junction a few minutes later I saw there was an incident. The motor cyclist was on the ground (his motor cycle some yards away) and he was being attended to by Jimmy Savile, who seemed like he was dresssed for jogging. Others had also stopped, with Jimmy seemingly capably taking charge. It was so typical of Jimmy that he was willing to help. As far as I know the motor cyclist was OK as I subsequently never saw any reports of the incident.    
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

jim

Post by jim »

I second Raveydaveys' comments. I met Jimmy at an event where he was "on camera", followed by a twenty minute period where he accompanied me and a colleague without the film crew and his public. The TV "personality" was turned off at once, and he was a friendly, interesting, and welcome companion, completely without "side", and a pleasure to be with.

Whyme

Post by Whyme »

R.I.P.

Good-Honest-Iago

Post by Good-Honest-Iago »

RIP Sir Jim
"Good Honest Iago does not make false claims"