When is a subway not a subway?

Places to explore
tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

Oldfield Lane in Wortley was also used in the Beiderbeck trilogy along with Wortley Rec.I could never work out what the picture of the pub was that they used in cut away scenes to the pub and at ad breaks in No Angels was. Probably either the Prince of Wales under the dark arches or more liekely the Duck and DrakeYes Frost did make me "dizzy" at times with its lack of continuity on driving through Leeds.Much of Stay Lucky was filmed around Beeston Hill and presumably the canal was somewhere in Armley.I do vaguely remember Quarry Hill Flats being used in a Diana Dors series although I doubt I was yet a teenager when she died. The flats didn't last much longer even though they must surely have been better than Hunslet Grange that had to be renamed from the much more apt Leak Street.
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/

Loinerpete

Post by Loinerpete »

As a kid i lived on Lincoln green, a short amble from Quarry hill, we used to go over and watch filming of exterior shots for Queenies castle, i remember seeing Diana Dors and Barry Rutter coming over the road from the bus station and then there were the famous scratches down the wall of the flats where a bloke jumped and then changed his mind half way down...TOO LATE MATE.

Loinerpete

Post by Loinerpete »

Wasnt harrys game shot in the streets around woodhouse?? even though it was supposed to be in northern ireland??

Leeds Lass

Post by Leeds Lass »

Eww, Loinerpete, grisly or what?!! Yes, I think some of Harrys Game was filmed here too. (It's like the Docklands in London doubling for Vietnam in Full Metal Jacket!! No-one believes me when I tell em that, but it's true!!!)

Leeds Lass

Post by Leeds Lass »

We seem to have joined a thread to a thread here!!! Maybe DSCO can split the thread and give it another forum heading for Leeds on Film or something?

Letty

Post by Letty »

thanks leedslass. Yep that was the one!

Leeds Lass

Post by Leeds Lass »

Cycling up Tinshill Lane?!! Blimey, walking up it was bad enough!!! lol

Letty

Post by Letty »

Hiya leedslassI can ususally walk it from the top of Holly Avenue inabout ten mins!!! Guess you kow the hill then. In my braver days we used to roller skate downt he hill when Holt Park leisure centre had the roller disco. Those were the days!!!!! before aching joints and limbs and the onset of children and stretch marks..!!!!

rikj

Post by rikj »

Ah, the Biederbecke Affair, now that was good. What about a repeat of that then? Wasn't it Cross Flatts Park that they used to walk across?I can vouch for the school being Foxwood as my other half was teaching there at the time. Some of the scenery (large sets of staffroom pigeonholes) err, "made their way" into our house and are still in use today!

Leeds Lass

Post by Leeds Lass »

Hi LettyOh yes, I learnt to ride my bike down Tinshill Lane!!! Between Bedford Drive and Silk Mill Drive (I always get muddled up, the one that leads to what was Tinshill Middle school)!! Them were the days!!!