The Monocled Mutineer strikes again!!

Unusual markings, logos and symbols around the city
Phill_d

Post by Phill_d »

Any Monacle is good. we'd especially welcome it into the flickr group Drapsey!
A fool spends his entire life digging a hole for himself.A wise man knows when it's time to stop!(phill.d 2010)http://flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/

drapesy

Post by drapesy »

Phill_d wrote: Any Monacle is good. we'd especially welcome it into the flickr group Drapsey! I got it from www.planters.com
there are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand ternary, those that don't and those that think this a joke about the binary system.

Phill_d

Post by Phill_d »

Thanks to miss Taco bell she's just spotted A mobile monacle! Apparently a custom piece of monacle grafitti much to the lady owner of the said automobile's delight! Viewing highly recommended http://flickr.com/groups/lmmas/pool/ Who's gonna spot it 1st?
A fool spends his entire life digging a hole for himself.A wise man knows when it's time to stop!(phill.d 2010)http://flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/

Sgt. Washbourne

Post by Sgt. Washbourne »

The latest capture of the infamous Mutineer
Attachments
__TFMF_ud5fk42ynwvl2eja5bild1mv_edfc6509-5b61-40b6-8c4e-a01eef83ca2c_0_main.jpg
__TFMF_ud5fk42ynwvl2eja5bild1mv_edfc6509-5b61-40b6-8c4e-a01eef83ca2c_0_main.jpg (418.85 KiB) Viewed 2767 times

AliceCake

Post by AliceCake »

Hey Munki - One of these special little guys is down the alleyway behind the North Bar / Primark, but I think it is partially obscured (secret?!). I'll get you the precise details shortly... Speaking of the North Bar, my fiance works in there and has been able to get access the building upstairs - it appears it was some kind of beauty parlour (brothel?) with a hot tub and some curious murals - see link for some pics - just thought you might be interested, or could shed some light on what this used to be...http://www.flickr.com/photos/bolerosanchezyou'll need to scroll down a little... x

AliceCake

Post by AliceCake »

Apologies Phill - this is quite obviously your thread! TTNF x

pid

Post by pid »

amazing . i always wondered what was hiding away above north bar alice , i remember it being knobs n knockers but never made that terrible connection . and does anyone remember the quicksilver arcade from next door ? i was in north when they demolished the frontage of it and being a pit bissed i took the big Q from the sign home with me as i liked the idea it had been staring out at new briggate for years and it seemed a shame for it to end up in a skip , i still have it on my wall ..... however to get back on track i spotted the mobile mutineer this afternoon parked up on brudenell road and very fine he looked too i must say

LS1

Post by LS1 »

pid wrote: amazing . i always wondered what was hiding away above north bar alice , i remember it being knobs n knockers but never made that terrible connection . and does anyone remember the quicksilver arcade from next door ? i was in north when they demolished the frontage of it and being a pit bissed i took the big Q from the sign home with me as i liked the idea it had been staring out at new briggate for years and it seemed a shame for it to end up in a skip , i still have it on my wall ..... however to get back on track i spotted the mobile mutineer this afternoon parked up on brudenell road and very fine he looked too i must say Pid, Did you see anyone coming out from the car at all? was it outside a shop? I'm getting the bug now. It's the not knowing that's annoying!! - Tell you what, the mutineer seems to be putting on weight!

pid

Post by pid »

its all that high living of a celebrity hell probably be in re hab next ! the mutineers car ( a ka actually ) was parked up down brudenell road just after the hyde park cinema on the left hand side with no visible occupants im afraid and i was past it before i had a chance to take a snap . ill try again on friday as ill be working round there

Phill_d

Post by Phill_d »

AliceCake wrote: Apologies Phill - this is quite obviously your thread! TTNF x No absolutely not just mine Alice! It's great to get people into action! I love these quirky things about Leeds! I have about 6 sightings of the Monacle to capture yet so anymore sightings are most welcome. I think Sgt Washbone has the record so far as he seems to live in student land mutineer country!