Merrion Centre Odeon

Bunkers, shelters and other buildings
Gubbsnask

Post by Gubbsnask »

Wo, I wasn't expecting such a quick response over one day!I think there is a demand for people to see inside the cinema, is it the management company of the Merrion centre who decides who goes in? surely its not great hardship to open the doors for a day- especially if they were collecting donations for charity.Any ideas?

simonm

Post by simonm »

Good photo.. Wel done
I WANT TO BE IN THE "INCROWD" :)"Those who sacrifice Liberty for security deserve neither!!"

Chrism

Post by Chrism »

simonm wrote: Good photo.. Wel done Courtesy of that Leodis place!!
Sit thissen dahn an' tell us abaht it.

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Gubbsnask wrote: Wo, I wasn't expecting such a quick response over one day!I think there is a demand for people to see inside the cinema, is it the management company of the Merrion centre who decides who goes in? surely its not great hardship to open the doors for a day- especially if they were collecting donations for charity.Any ideas? Many have tried Gubbsnak including our own phillD as I remember but the reounding response (or lack of!) was no - I think they felt they'd done their bit for revisiting history. You'll probably see in the earlier threads that much of the interior has already gone and no doubt the resultant state will raise the dreaded Health and Safety issues card!

Brandy

Post by Brandy »

chameleon wrote: Gubbsnask wrote: Wo, I wasn't expecting such a quick response over one day!I think there is a demand for people to see inside the cinema, is it the management company of the Merrion centre who decides who goes in? surely its not great hardship to open the doors for a day- especially if they were collecting donations for charity.Any ideas? Many have tried Gubbsnak including our own phillD as I remember but the reounding response (or lack of!) was no - I think they felt they'd done their bit for revisiting history. You'll probably see in the earlier threads that much of the interior has already gone and no doubt the resultant state will raise the dreaded Health and Safety issues card! Town Centre Securities dont like urban explorers i think!theres some cracking stuff here about the merrion centre http://www.merrioncentre.co.uk/about/history.htmland some cracking pictures too
There are only 10 types of people in the world -those who understand binary, and those that don't.

Phill_dvsn

Post by Phill_dvsn »

chameleon wrote: Gubbsnask wrote: Wo, I wasn't expecting such a quick response over one day!I think there is a demand for people to see inside the cinema, is it the management company of the Merrion centre who decides who goes in? surely its not great hardship to open the doors for a day- especially if they were collecting donations for charity.Any ideas? Many have tried Gubbsnak including our own phillD as I remember but the reounding response (or lack of!) was no - I think they felt they'd done their bit for revisiting history. You'll probably see in the earlier threads that much of the interior has already gone and no doubt the resultant state will raise the dreaded Health and Safety issues card! I have indeed Chameleon. TWICE infact. I'm all for giving praise when praise is due. I'm also ready to call Town centre Securities very very negative with a stinking attitude towards Leeds heritage. There a total disgrace indeed     What do you reckon to getting the Mancheter expedition team together to crack this place mate ha ha     
My flickr pictures are herehttp://www.flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/Because lunacy was the influence for an album. It goes without saying that an album about lunacy will breed a lunatics obsessions with an album - The Dark side of the moon!

Brandy

Post by Brandy »

Phill_dvsn wrote: chameleon wrote: Gubbsnask wrote: Wo, I wasn't expecting such a quick response over one day!I think there is a demand for people to see inside the cinema, is it the management company of the Merrion centre who decides who goes in? surely its not great hardship to open the doors for a day- especially if they were collecting donations for charity.Any ideas? Many have tried Gubbsnak including our own phillD as I remember but the reounding response (or lack of!) was no - I think they felt they'd done their bit for revisiting history. You'll probably see in the earlier threads that much of the interior has already gone and no doubt the resultant state will raise the dreaded Health and Safety issues card! I have indeed Chameleon. TWICE infact. I'm all for giving praise when praise is due. I'm also ready to call Town centre Securities very very negative with a stinking attitude towards Leeds heritage. There a total disgrace indeed     What do you reckon to getting the Mancheter expedition team together to crack this place mate ha ha      Whats happend to your screen name phill?or is there two of you now lol    
There are only 10 types of people in the world -those who understand binary, and those that don't.

Phill_dvsn

Post by Phill_dvsn »

I dunno mate. Me Internet explorer is playing up. I'm using Firefox browser at the mo. I forgot my password and reset it.. I'll have to try get the old me back lol
My flickr pictures are herehttp://www.flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/Because lunacy was the influence for an album. It goes without saying that an album about lunacy will breed a lunatics obsessions with an album - The Dark side of the moon!

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Phill_dvsn wrote: chameleon wrote: Gubbsnask wrote: Wo, I wasn't expecting such a quick response over one day!I think there is a demand for people to see inside the cinema, is it the management company of the Merrion centre who decides who goes in? surely its not great hardship to open the doors for a day- especially if they were collecting donations for charity.Any ideas? Many have tried Gubbsnak including our own phillD as I remember but the reounding response (or lack of!) was no - I think they felt they'd done their bit for revisiting history. You'll probably see in the earlier threads that much of the interior has already gone and no doubt the resultant state will raise the dreaded Health and Safety issues card! I have indeed Chameleon. TWICE infact. I'm all for giving praise when praise is due. I'm also ready to call Town centre Securities very very negative with a stinking attitude towards Leeds heritage. There a total disgrace indeed     What do you reckon to getting the Mancheter expedition team together to crack this place mate ha ha      You could make a fortune with that teleportation system of yours Phill - gets you anywhere!!

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

It does seem strange that such a large site remains unused particularly with the centre undergoing even more refurbishment.I know there was the odd, unusual contract provision with some of the occupants but it doesn't seem to make financial sense to just sit on this. Perhaps there is some restrictive covenant preventing general development of this bit?