Paranormal Leeds

Hauntings, spectres and other supernatural tales
Croggy

Post by Croggy »

I'm interested in this subject, but am sceptical over the likes of the most haunted programmes ...

Brandy

Post by Brandy »

cnosni wrote: Well i was a bit of a sceptic till i watched Most Haunted,now im a total sceptic. yes chris i agree with you totally mate!that david acorah bloke was the final nail in the coffin. and to answer the Question "Have you ever stayed overnight in a apparently haunted location?"Yes i have and didnt see or hear a bloody thing!so apparently, its all a load of tripe, so for that reason im sorry i wont be investing' IM OUT!    
There are only 10 types of people in the world -those who understand binary, and those that don't.

paranorthern

Post by paranorthern »

Most Haunted isn't really what this is about. My intentions were to try and get people, even with a slight interest, involved in investigating the paranormal side of leeds.The subject of hauntings in Leeds is obviously something that is of interest to some, otherwise the 'ghosts and goblins' forum wouldn't be here.     
Paranorthern Research - www.paranorthernresearch.co.uk

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

paranorthern wrote: Most Haunted isn't really what this is about. My intentions were to try and get people, even with a slight interest, involved in investigating the paranormal side of leeds.The subject of hauntings in Leeds is obviously something that is of interest to some, otherwise the 'ghosts and goblins' forum wouldn't be here.      Well we do have some members with alternative views,one of whom i have posted a pic on Secret Leeds members on holiday.I respect anyones beliefs,but i am of the camp that if its there it can and will be proved,just think about all the video/cctv cameras around the world today,im sure that if there was something then it would have appeared on some form of visual media by now,or i would have experienced something paranormal my self,or at least know someone or met someone in all my years who had some sort of experience,which i havent.The nearest thing to the paranormal ive ever encountered is an "out of stomach experience" after a dodgy kebab and a shed load of Leffe at a beer festival in Beligium.Naturally it must have been the kebab,i can handle my beer (ahem!)    
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds [email protected]

Steve Jones

Post by Steve Jones »

I have been on a few overnight vigils as well as investigating various hauntings and other strange stuff,. I am off to investigate a haunted lighthouse in Withernsea in September and Wakefield Theatre Royal in November.I also have a location in leeds to investigate once a group of us can sort out a date.I will mention the results of the Leeds one once it has happened (and no it isn't in Skulls Yard<G>).I also do a lot of of Folklore/ Pagan stuff as people on here know. Incidentally Paranorthern look in the Ghosts & Goblins section and you will see that there are a lot of threads on this subject already.
Steve JonesI don't know everything, I just like to give that impression!

Chaddy 83

Post by Chaddy 83 »

Absolutely,very much like religion.-------------------Now don't get me started on religion!!Read a good theory on a website the other week about how religion was put here to try and control us and to make sure we are all doing the same thing, bit like chickens in a pen. They are all in the same place, doing the same thing so someone can keep an eye on us and that is what religion was put here to do. Now people these days aren't interested in religion anymore and are becoming sceptical about it what comes along... tv and the newspapers which is doing and making us do the same thing and they are controlling us through that. Tell ya it really was a good read this website al try and post it if I find it. I even went to a christening the other day and everytime the vicar said a sentence the rest followed and it was like cult. Sorry for ranting on but I am quite a skeptic about things.On this topic I do believe that when people die they leave a presence or an aura but not too sure about actual ghosts but I'm interested in the subject though so keep these threads coming think the storys of people who have experienced this kind of stuff are quite a good read!

Si

Post by Si »

paranorthern wrote: Have you ever stayed overnight in a apparently haunted location?     I used to live in a supposedly haunted house. My parents had a 17th century farmhouse in Idle. On the door lintel was carved "1601" but the interior cruck-framed wooden structure will have been considerably older. It ticked all the right boxes to be a haunted house (there was even a nunnery nearby,) but in all the hundreds of nights I spent there, I never saw, heard or felt anything remotely supernatural. Maybe I'm not "receptive" to these things, but that seems rather convenient reasoning.I enjoy reading some of the paranormal stories on here (I even posted a story myself - an unusual event, but one which will have a logical explanation) and I'm sure there are people who genuinely believe. But on the whole, I'm with WC Fields. When he was asked why he was reading The Bible, he replied, "Looking for loop-holes."    

Lilysmum

Post by Lilysmum »

Why doesn't anyone see ghosts during the day? surely if a place is haunted then the ghosts are there all the time,or do they clock on at midnight and hold down regular jobs during the day. I have had a few spooky encounters but can usually find a reason to discount them as something else.I have never seen a ghost but would love to.My late mum was a big believer in spirits etc and always said if there was a way to come back and confirm her beliefs she would,25 years on and still no word from her so I tend to think when we die thats it!!....................................................or is it?

Steve Jones

Post by Steve Jones »

ghosts are seen during the day Lilysmum. there are numerous documented cases of people seeing them in daylight as well as at night.I have experienced a ghostly cat in broad daylight ,as well as a disembodied voice on another occasion.Night does seem a bit more conducive and a good investigator will always look for a natural explanation before opting for the paranormal.In fact I am going up to a site on Ilkley Moor on saturday where sightings of small dwarf like figures were seen in daylight back in the 1980's.
Steve JonesI don't know everything, I just like to give that impression!

Exiled-Angel

Post by Exiled-Angel »

This sounds interesting. I am interested