Haunted Houses

Hauntings, spectres and other supernatural tales
Rich87

Post by Rich87 »

I'd just like to ask if anyone knows of any haunted houses in leeds? I mean like ordinary houses, or any other place you have witnessed anything yourself. I used to visit my uncle, who lived at 97 Bodmin Road in middleton, Leeds, nearly every night. I used to live with him so we are really close, hence why i was up there most nights. But although i used to be there all the time, i hated goin, because there was something not quite right about the house. The day he moved in, 2001, i was helping him with the furniture etc, when we discovered some kind of shrine fixed to the big bedroom wall. Immediatley my uncle smashed it up as he got told by one of the neighbors the previous owners belonged to some wierd cult or klan.And from day one of moving in, there was something strange about the front little bedroom, because even in summer, at mid day, you could still see your breath in that room when you breathed, even tho every other room was sticky warm. This room always remained Freezing. It was one night when we were sat in the living room watchin tv and talking that, the hallway door slammed violently! His dogs went mental with their fur sticking up there spines, and when we went and inspected, nobody was in the house and the front door was locked! We had to screw the door back to the frame as it was ragged off the hinges. After this event, my uncle saw a man at the top of the stairs crouching down, staring at him.Many other things happened to my uncle, which included hearing a baby crying at 3am, that seemed to come from the bathroom. Just after these events enough was enough and he moved house as he could not take any more

Scotteh2k8

Post by Scotteh2k8 »

As much as i hate to discuss it with it being the house I live in and theres no chance of me sleeping tonight now lol but there has been many sightings of different spirits in my house on Boggart Hill Drive.Boggart Hill Drive, in Seacroft, apparenlty is built on an old battle ground. The houses were built around the 1960's i believe.My grandma and grandad both used to live in the house we're in now. When my mum, uncle and auntie lived in the house as kids, my grandma heard banging and went to tell them to quieten down but as she got to the stairs she was shocked to see a young girl in a white gown walk to the top of the stairs and disappear. She told this to my grandad who never believed her until he went to go upstairs one night and saw her looking at him at the top of the stairs and then disappeared once more. To this day she has not been seen in the house since.Other strange things from when my mum was a child in the house, my uncle saw a headless soldier walking up the stairs, carrying what looked to be a head. and more recently my mum was greeted with him looking over her bed a couple of months ago (still ***** me up thinking of it). Another weird witness was when my auntie was young and went to go to the loo, when she turned around and stepped back onto the landing, she saw a doll that was hung up on the back of the bedroom door 'walking' across the landing. Other than the headless soldier a couple of months back, other recentish sightings are those of a couple of years ago, where cats have been seen. We have always grown up with cats in the house and have lost a few too unfortnetly. I always doubted my dad and brother when they said they had seen cats until bonfire night 3 years ago. I was stood in the bedroom with my ex when i saw dart across the landing a black cat, which i thought nothing of as we currently have a black and a white cat in the house. So i instinctedly laughed and said 'Merlin (the name of out cat) is ******** himself already, to which my ex replied, the cats are locked in your brothers bedrrom, and to my surpirse his door was actually shut right to with both cats inside.Recently me and my brothers girlfriend have witnessed the kettle jump off its stand, i know this sounds pathetic but this is 100% true. I do have a couple of images on my pc which ill post in another reply on here of some orbs in the house. My brother who is also on this site has some pics he might share too.And before i finish this thread, the lass i mentioned earlier seen wondering the stairs, I had a dream about, and in my dreams she told me her name was Emily. My dad too has had a dream in which she has been said to be called emily. And to top things off, my brother (big_rob2004) randomly told us how he thinks her name is Emily. He hadn't even known about the dreams before he told us this.Strange....
For every action, there is a reaction

Scotteh2k8

Post by Scotteh2k8 »

Here is one of the pics i mentioned in the previous post... There is one orb at the arm of the settee and if you look very closely there is one by Misty (the cat) at the rug
Attachments
__TFMF_i3mrga45ykggxxvgqamifneg_030df3c8-4136-4515-95eb-e2d3e8386d27_0_main.jpg
__TFMF_i3mrga45ykggxxvgqamifneg_030df3c8-4136-4515-95eb-e2d3e8386d27_0_main.jpg (371.1 KiB) Viewed 7828 times
For every action, there is a reaction

rangieowner

Post by rangieowner »

Sorry mate, all i see is out of focus dust particles caught in the flash! and what battle was near boggart hill?
Love a Landrover

LS1

Post by LS1 »

Looks like there is some wierd stuff going on the telly there!Not sure about any battles there, but there was a Roman Alter found years ago near the Old Caravan site on Wetherby Road.....

Steve Jones

Post by Steve Jones »

Well Boggart of course is the old Yorkshire term for ghosts, fairies etc ,which would indicate that the area obviously had a reputation for some form of haunting prior to any houses being built.I think you are possibly thinking of the battle which gave rise to amongst other names Killingbeck, but I don't think it was near there.Boggart/Bogle/Fairy are good indicators of a possible haunting in an area to a folklorist like myself. Funnily enough the term Scotsman as in Scotsman lane at Batley also sometimes has haunting connections as there are a few places where the road is haunted by the ghost of a murdered Scots pedlar which seems to be a folklore motif .I have been wondering for a while if anything is ever seen on Boggart hill so am glad of this report.mind you a mate of mine reckons that boggarts can be seen outside the local shop frequently<LOL>.
Steve JonesI don't know everything, I just like to give that impression!

big_rob2004

Post by big_rob2004 »

Scotteh2k8 wrote: As much as i hate to discuss it with it being the house I live in and theres no chance of me sleeping tonight now lol but there has been many sightings of different spirits in my house on Boggart Hill Drive. Hey Scott... Glad you put a post up about the house. People should know that when I came up with the name Emily it was genuinely spoken to me by the little girl in question whilst I was sat on the sofa! Spooky. Also remember the Ouiji board... Emilia came up on there and then her little baby brother which we had an inclin about... Edward!!As for the headless soldier... I have a couple of experiences which I beleive were him. The first was when I was slepping in the back bedroom and my now ex girlfirend asked to swop sides of the bed as she felt that someone was watching her. Secondly in the front room I have felt the presence of a big man standing over the bed and he didn't feel like a nice person. Also to note is Christmas Day quite a few years back when Scott was sleeping on the floor next to my bed... there was a very loud bang came from the small room (as if something had fallen over) and instantly Scott seemed to "fly" off the floor, over me and next to the wall! On inspection there was nothing out of place in the small room.The street "Boggart Hill Drive" and surrounding area is apparently where the blood ran down the hill into a stream (which ran roughly where our house is now). The battle is apparently part of the War of the Roses but I personally reckon it was more to do with either, Pendas or Winwead.Happy Sleeping Scotteh lol!

bramley13

Post by bramley13 »

my mate lives in beeston,just off tempest road.you this one is haunted as soon as you walk in. strange things happen to the family. hands have appeared through doors,things move, loud bangs.ive not seen this but you can sense somthings not quite right.but one new years eve really spooked me and my partner,we were all drunk, messing about with mobiles taking pics,like you do.when looking at them there was this guy in the background,stood behind us,there were 10 people in the room,none of us have a beared,this guy did.if i had the pic,which i think we still have,it just looks like a normal guy.gatecrasher you may think,10 drunk people,well 9, my wife dont drink.if say he was a gatecrasher,got through a secure door,then passed the dog,then sqeezed behind us all,into a space that wernt there, as all the chairs were back to the wall, to make room.a very strange thing

Steve Jones

Post by Steve Jones »

Fascinating Bramley 13. I hope you can find the picture and upload it, I would love to see it.
Steve JonesI don't know everything, I just like to give that impression!

Rich87

Post by Rich87 »

Stainburn parade shops on harrogate road, theres a shop and flat haunted there. Its the flat above the hot tub place im gonna mention here, next to gilchrists bakers.I was workin there in 2004, we were renovating the shop and the flat above it. One day in december, i was working in the loft building some wardrobes, when we needed some more materials, so my dad (me boss) went off to get the gear. He'd been gone say half hour 45 mins, when i saw a shadow of a person pass the door, so me persuming it was my dad tryin to sneak up on me, i snook into the room opposite, to find no one there!! To be honest i crapped myself as i saw and heared someone sneak past!! 5 minutes later my dad turns up with more timber etc, so i told him what i saw, and he was like, ''dont be silly theres nobody in here''!! A few days later we called back to the job when it was all finished to collect our tools. I was sat in the van eating a sandwich while he went up to get the drills..... next thing, he comes running down to me asking if id followed him in the flat!! so i looked at him stupid as i was eatin me sandwich, an i was like ''does it look like it'' lol! And he said to me he heared someone walking down the stairs just after he'd been up there!! He then admitted he believed me that the place was haunted!!