South Stand Headingley Rugby Ground

Bunkers, shelters and other buildings
warringtonrhino

South Stand Headingley Rugby Ground

Post by warringtonrhino »

The Rhinos played their final game in front of the old South Stand at Headingley last last week.
It is due to be demolished and replaced with a more modern one. I no longer reside in Leeds, but started supporting Leeds when I was 7 years old and would find it useful if photos were taken of the transition from old to new.

volvojack

Re: South Stand Headingley Rugby Ground

Post by volvojack »

[quote="warringtonrhino"]The Rhinos played their final game in front of the old South Stand at Headingley last last week.
It is due to be demolished and replaced with a more modern one. I no longer reside in Leeds, but started supporting Leeds when I was 7 years old and would find it useful if photos were taken of the transition from old to new.

Good Luck with that, sounds like Leodian with his camera is just the man for the job, I notice he has not been posting just recently, perhaps he is on Holiday.
I have a good idea how you feel as i have supported United for over 70 years and seen and missed many changes down Elland Road.

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

volvojack wrote:
warringtonrhino wrote:The Rhinos played their final game in front of the old South Stand at Headingley last last week.

Good Luck with that, sounds like Leodian with his camera is just the man for the job, I notice he has not been posting just recently, perhaps he is on Holiday.
I have a good idea how you feel as i have supported United for over 70 years and seen and missed many changes down Elland Road.
Hi Jack and warringtonrhino :).

Having a photograph record of the development is an excellent idea. The ground is though not conveniently situated for me, particularly the regular visits that would need to be done to see if there have been changes. Perhaps a SL member living close to the ground could take updated photos?
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

Cardiarms

Post by Cardiarms »

There's still two home games to go. I live nearish but don't regularly pass but will try to post a few pics.

uncle mick

Post by uncle mick »

For those of you on Facebook there is a video & photo's of the demolition of the south stand

https://www.facebook.com/LeedsRhinosOff ... =2&theater

Cardiarms

Post by Cardiarms »

I took a few photos last week but can't upload them from my phone. Sorry.

uncle mick

Post by uncle mick »

Another couple of photo's on Skyscraper City

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpost. ... count=1123

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

uncle mick wrote:Another couple of photo's on Skyscraper City

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpost. ... count=1123
Nice ones uncle mick :).

I wonder if the 'No Smoking' will be obeyed during the work? The 'Nice tackle!' amused me ;).
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

uncle mick

Post by uncle mick »

Deleted