2 Older Leeds Murders + 1 solved.

Off-topic discussions, musings and chat
chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Posts moved to here as they appear to be a continuing discussion :maxy bUser Location: maltonJoined on: 17-May-2014 01:16:49Posted: 4 posts# Posted on: 17-May-2014 15:36:11.     Edit | Quote I would like to know more information about david gricwith and malcolm tyerman i know thiers topics on here specifieing certain things i just want to know, my reason why is because malcolm tyerman is my grandad and its not like i can go asking certain things.I know they did armed robbery's and the killing of sgt john speed and numerious other things just want to know more ?     Top uncle mickUser Location: Calverley, Middelton and Hunslet born and bredJoined on: 14-Jan-2009 11:13:15Posted: 1087 posts# Posted on: 17-May-2014 19:50:00.     Delete | Edit | Quote maxy b wrote: I would like to know more information about david gricwith and malcolm tyerman i know thiers topics on here specifieing certain things i just want to know, my reason why is because malcolm tyerman is my grandad and its not like i can go asking certain things.I know they did armed robbery's and the killing of sgt john speed and numerious other things just want to know more ? I suggest you go to Leeds Central Library where you can look up articles. One example for David Gricewith is here.http://tinyurl.com/oezqwzuJogonUser Location: LawnswoodJoined on: 21-Dec-2011 17:58:33Posted: 3001 posts# Posted on: 17-May-2014 21:33:31.     Delete | Edit | Quote Good idea, they're very helpful. And Leeds would be the central venue for all such information.Including their archive Yorkshire Post microfilms.Folks often think 'everything is on the internet' - it isn't.     

Gillyd

Re: 2 Older Leeds Murders + 1 solved.

Post by Gillyd »

There was the murder of a female found in a old abandoned car in pine court at the side of woodheads circa 1973

volvojack

Re: 2 Older Leeds Murders + 1 solved.

Post by volvojack »

My memory not what it used to be means i can't recall the name of a young man , possibly Michael who live in or around the Beeston area in the late 70's. after an argument with his girlfriend he wnt home, got a Kitchenknife, came back and when she answered the door he killed her. Sadly i can' remember anymore details but i was stood in the Tap Room of the Tommy Wass Pub having a pint with my Brother once Lunchtime and some called out my name and it was him. I nearly fell on the floor as it seemed no time since he had gone to Prison.
Sorry to be so vauge but i wonder if any of the Officers who were at Dewsbury Road / Holbeck can supply more Info. This Lad could not have been much more than early 30s when he had been released.