Moon and Jupiter.

Off-topic discussions, musings and chat
Leodian

Moon and Jupiter.

Post by Leodian »

For anyone interested in such things in the clear sky just now (22:00 BST) the very bright object by the Moon is the planet Jupiter. The pair will remain very close the rest of the night.

Edit added about 22:30. The view is now being spoilt by clouds coming across. Shame. Still worth looking though just in case the clouds thin.
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

warringtonrhino

Re: Moon and Jupiter.

Post by warringtonrhino »

In Warrington ,the sky was clear all night, so I had a good view, Sunday night was one to remember for other reasons.
In our garden we have a family of hedgehogs, a female with 4 hoglets and occasionally a visiting male. When weather permits, I often sit in the garden after 10pm and watch them, sometimes for several hours. We have seats in various locations in the garden, and to keep warm,and quiet, I wear a hood. Everything was fine, the moon was out and the garden was quiet, until 1 am. When a police helicopter came into our area, and started circling overhead, I had not committed any crime that day :D , so assumed that they were looking for someone else. However the police on the ground called at the house, because a suspect wearing a hood and keeping very still , had been spotted in our garden. The police woman tried to keep a straight face while I explained what I was doing, an eliminated me from the hunt.

buffaloskinner

Post by buffaloskinner »

The Laws of Nature eh !! :lol:
Is this the end of the story ...or the beginning of a legend?

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

Hi WR ;).

The close (visually!) pairing was a wonderful sight. Good job it was not Uranus as that might have caused a problem stating to the police woman what you were looking at ;).

Nice to hear of the hedgehogs. I've not seen a live one in years and it's been quite some while now since I saw dead one, which may indicate that their numbers are sadly still falling.
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

tilly

Post by tilly »

I saw a dead one on Sunday its the first one i have spotted in a long time.From Jupiter to hedgehogs wow Leodian you made me laugh.
No matter were i end my days im an Hunslet lad with Hunslet ways.