Leeds Central High School

Bunkers, shelters and other buildings
jdbythesea

Post by jdbythesea »

Patexpat wrote: I was at Central High School - 68 to 75 .. I have somewhere a 1974 copy of YORKSHIRE LIFE that has an article about the school prior to it becoming City Of Leeds School ... and there are loads of other gems in the mag that I am sure would be of interest. If people are interested I'll scan and post what I can .... I for one would love to have a look at the magazine. I was at LCHS until 1965.

Loiner1960

Post by Loiner1960 »

Yes, interested and don't forget some pictures.LOL I think the hair will be long and the trousers wide..

Lungmike

Post by Lungmike »

TrevorWeaver2 wrote: I attended Leeds Central High School from 1954 to 1961. I would like to make contact with any other pupils who were there at the same time.RegardsTrevor Weaver Trev: If you were the one with odd blond haircut and the curly lip, then you and I were in the same class, and spent a lot of our time either peering over the railings at the girls in Thoresby or at the Pavilion in Stanningly. That is, when you weren't chasing after a young lady called Janice Greaves (spelling uncertain), or was it Sandra Bowes? Time passes and memory dims ... Mike McGowan (Mac)Profile on this website under Lungmike

Bert

Re: Leeds Central High School

Post by Bert »

I went to Leeds Central High from 1955 to 1962. Name is David Cockerham but for reasons too complicated to explain here I acquired the nickname Bert - hence my nickname on this site. I was in Faraday House. My two closest pals were Jack Bulmer and Roger Alcock (although Roger left in 1961). In 2nd year Sixth Jack and I organised a secret darts and smoking club in the cellar below the woodwork shop, where we spent most of the free periods we should have been studying in. Misspent youth!

BLAKEY

Post by BLAKEY »

I wasn't a pupil - lived in Ilkley in education days - but the blue plaque on the Great George Street gate post fascinates me. It shows that the School was built in 1889 - less than quarter of a mile from where my Dad Bert was born in the same year !! :) :)
There's nothing like keeping the past alive - it makes us relieved to reflect that any bad times have gone, and happy to relive all the joyful and fascinating experiences of our own and other folks' earlier days.

Bert

Post by Bert »

Does David Cockerham, at Leeds Central High from 1955 to 1962, ring any bells with anyone?

Mikef

Post by Mikef »

I attended Leeds central high from 1955 to 1960,anyone remember Mike Forward. I lived in Farsley and travelled to and from Leeds on the 65 bus route. I think Trevor Weaver also travelled the same bus alighting at Swinnow lane

michaelnield1

Re: Leeds Central 1955 to 1961

Post by michaelnield1 »

TrevorWeaver2 wrote:I attended Leeds Central High School from 1954 to 1961. I would like to make contact with any other pupils who were there at the same time.RegardsTrevor Weaver
We were in the same 6th form Trevor.
Regards Michael Nield

jethro

Post by jethro »

hi guys went to LCHS until 1963 left to go to perth in australia my name is jeff arton love to hear from som old mates

JonnyDotNet

Post by JonnyDotNet »

Hi, my name is Jonathan Berry and I was at Leeds Central High from 1969 - 76. I was in Newton house and would love to hear from any fellow pupils.

Here is a class photo from 1975/76 https://imgur.com/a/OjOrsSx