J.W.V. SAVILE FLAT DEMOLISHED

Bunkers, shelters and other buildings
volvojack

Re: J.W.V. SAVILE FLAT DEMOLISHED

Post by volvojack »

Probably the best thing he ever did was to promise, with the backing of the Daily Mail, to raise enough money to rebuild Stoke Mandeville Hospital, which he did, enabling it to be transformed from a collection of wooden huts to a fine modern hospital. His charity work, marathon walks,runs and cycling raised a lot of money and we were all oblivious to his evil side. As jma. says he had a Jekyll and Hyde personality plus anyone who raised concerns would have had his legals down on them.

Steve Jones

Post by Steve Jones »

One thing that was mentioned very briefly to me by a surgeon from the LGI when it broke was "wait till they find out about the morgue".Apparently he used to spend an unhealthy amount of time there which I only saw one article touch on briefly when it broke and it was then quietly dropped.
Steve JonesI don't know everything, I just like to give that impression!

Brunel

Post by Brunel »

The replacement nearing completion.
Attachments
LAKEVIEW.jpg
LAKEVIEW.jpg (1.98 MiB) Viewed 2785 times

Bruno

Post by Bruno »

There were definitely people in Leeds who knew that JS was not right a long time ago. When I was in the sixth form at school in the late 70s we used to see the Careers Officer, and the standard 'joke' which always came out during a group discussion of some unpleasant form of employment would be, "That's a worse job than Jimmy Savile's paperboy." I don't know where that line originated, but it came from someone somewhere who was "in the know" obviously.
The older I get, the better I was.

volvojack

Post by volvojack »

Strangely enough in the 1960s because he brought in to the Leeds music scene a new and exciting way from the U.S.A. we had never heard and all the eccentricities he had, i.e. one day turning up at the Mecca Locarno on a racing bike, the next in his White Rolls Royce, having his hair dyed a different colour each week. i think we were all mesmerised. certainly the girls of all ages flocked around him.
Now i shudder to think about his Saturday club where 12 until 2pm. was a childrens disco and many Mothers left their kids to go inside while they went shopping.
Like other evil people before and since this man they seem to find a way to get to vulnerable folks, be it young or not so young.

May He Rot In Hell

Brunel

Post by Brunel »

Tourists visiting the reincarnation of the J.W. Savile apartment
Attachments
A BIT OFF ROUTE TODAY-2.jpg
A BIT OFF ROUTE TODAY-2.jpg (1.35 MiB) Viewed 2556 times

volvojack

Post by volvojack »

[quote="Brunel"]Tourists visiting the reincarnation of the J.W. Savile apartments.

Perhaps they could name them "E Villas"