Centrebus now running new buses

Railways, trams, buses, etc.
The Doggers

Post by The Doggers »

Has anybody else seen the new buses Centrebus are running? I have seen them in Cross Gates a number of time this past week, 60 plate single deckers. They're still white, so they haven't liveried them up yet.A nice step forward for them, and perhaps the first step in becoming decent competition for Worst?

tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

I also reported elsewhere (probably worst bus thread) that I spotted a 60 Reg bus in Centrebus Orange and Blue Livery on the 92 route last wednesday
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/

The Doggers

Post by The Doggers »

Certainly looks to have been some investment. I can't help but wonder, however, whether this was planned or has happened because the original buses they were running are not fit for the road?

tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

The Doggers wrote: Certainly looks to have been some investment. I can't help but wonder, however, whether this was planned or has happened because the original buses they were running are not fit for the road? The Y Reg ones that I have prviously seen are in much better condition than the double deckers operated by Geldards on the 28b route.
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/

simon2710

Post by simon2710 »

I noticed a double decker centrebus in their orange livery - It appears the stairs to the top deck were in the centre of the bus (no pun intended).I am starting to become very confused now with the bus services. When my car was at the garage I had to jump on the 38. I wasn't aware that anything had changed (probably my fault for not taking any notice in the first place!) and waited at the bus stop for nearly 30mins. I hailed the orange Centrebus and tried to get on with my First Greenzone but told me I couldn't use it. Thus, without any change in my pocket (as Cee-Lo would say), I had to walk the 3-4miles to the garage. This coupled with the prices of fares (and also the rudeness of the drivers) is why I will not be using the bus again in a very, very long time!
Simon -H-

weenie

Post by weenie »

are they sharing the routes with First, because i live at 5 lanes and saw earlier today a first bus 38? i also noticed yesterday the 67 been a new white centre bus.

tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

weenie wrote: are they sharing the routes with First, because i live at 5 lanes and saw earlier today a first bus 38? i also noticed yesterday the 67 been a new white centre bus. There is a "new kid on the block" in Yorkshire Line which I believe is in white livery. Centrebus certainly does share some services with Worst. Off the top of my head I can't think which but from memory it depends on the time of the day and/or the day of the week whether its Worst/Centrebus.

First buses Leeds

Re: Centrebus now running new buses

Post by First buses Leeds »

Where did the 67 even go. I seem not to remember it.

dogduke

Re: Centrebus now running new buses

Post by dogduke »

The only 67 I can remember ran from the bus stn,via Regent St,Skinner Ln,Cherry Row,Dolly Ln
Easterly to possibly Monkswood area.
And that was a
L
O
N
G
Time ago
Consciousness: That annoying time between naps.90% of being smart is knowing what you're dumb at.