The Appleyard's garage on the Eastgate roundabout.

Bunkers, shelters and other buildings
tyke bhoy

Re: The Appleyard's garage on the Eastgate roundabout.

Post by tyke bhoy »

Happy Valley wrote: There was a picture of that stupid mid 90s electric three wheeler thing on the roundabout heading back to Millgarth
Sinclair C5? The police used one of those?
Happy Valley wrote: Not many of those old Toyotas left now, especially in estate flavour. YTV 2 is on a Mercedes C180 AMG Sport now, and will be worth a fortune today.
The car (merc) will be worth a bob or too as well ;)
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/

Happy Valley

Post by Happy Valley »

I had a funny feeling somebody would ask more about it when I posted that, but I have forgotten how to make pictures work on here so it will have to be a link instead.

https://www.facebook.com/LeedsBackInThe ... 6057952121

I think the Sinclair C5 was quite a nice looking thing, but that thing is as ugly as sin. Surely I can’t be the only one that remembers seeing it around the city 20 years ago.

The AMG Merc is a white 2013 63 reg estate, so I image it would be a pricey combo together. Nice to see that it is still on an estate though, just a shame it isn’t a red 1970s Toyota.

j.c.d.

Post by j.c.d. »

Happy Valley wrote:It was still open in 1994 because I used to use it when I lived in Leeds. There was a picture of that stupid mid 90s electric three wheeler thing on the roundabout heading back to Millgarth on Leeds back in the day a while ago. I think they only used them for traffic enforcement but it cracked me up every time I saw it around Leeds with the blue light on top.

Not many of those old Toyotas left now, especially in estate flavour. YTV 2 is on a Mercedes C180 AMG Sport now, and will be worth a fortune today.

Tony Gratton put that Number on his Merc Sports at the time.

It's the early Datsun's the Sunny etc. that have disappeared

tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

You need to use the full editor click on the Img button and place the url of the img between the 'tags'.

Oh and being pedantic. Toyota's have always been around (well since possibly 1937 in Japan). Datsun became Nissan and is I believe still a subsidiary.
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/

trophy

Post by trophy »

i thought datsun became nissan ? i seem to remember an illuminated sign on the roundabout giving accident figures or did i imagine it?

hyperioncantlogin

Post by hyperioncantlogin »

Hiya trophy, i remember that sign very well,it was sited on the car park in front of the old millgarth st police station.which said something like accidents in the home.I also remember the old chap with a tray round his neck selling shoelaces combs pencils ect, and i also remember the rather rotund bus inspector.

trophy

Post by trophy »

thanks for that thought it may have been a senior moment.

Cookridge

Post by Cookridge »

j.c.d. wrote:
j.c.d. wrote:Hi Leodian, I bought that car reg. in Nottingham for £150 , it was advertised as being on a Hillman Minx but when i got there it had a tree growing through the floorboards and no roof so I decided to leave it there. I put the number on my new Datsun ( No Toyota's then) and when I called for petrol at the garage by the Viaduct on Kirkstall Road they had a list of cars Y.T.V. that belonged over the road at the studios. As United were a big name in the 70s the cameras were often there and if I pulled in at Elland Rd. the car always caused a stir. Years later I sold it to Tony Gratton who had the Bridgefield pub and later the Bramley Rugby club.
P.s. If I had been asked when I thought that Garage closed I would have guessed about early 80s. at the latest. just shows how time plays tricks.
YTV2 Thought I recognised that plate! Tony Gratton sometimes takes out my aunty Averil. It is now gracing his Mercedes estate last time I saw it in July 2017. Carl.

volvojack

Post by volvojack »

Hello Cookridge,
Next time you see Tony give him my regards.
He really turned the Bridgefield from a dump into a thriving Pub.
Jack Daly.

I have just retired from driving and so have put my Numbr plate up for sale J.8. D.L.Y.
As there are plenty of Paddys out there i dont think it will be long before i get an offer.

Cookridge

Post by Cookridge »

volvojack wrote:Hello Cookridge,
Next time you see Tony give him my regards.
He really turned the Bridgefield from a dump into a thriving Pub.
Jack Daly.

I have just retired from driving and so have put my Numbr plate up for sale J.8. D.L.Y.
As there are plenty of Paddys out there i dont think it will be long before i get an offer.
Hi Jack he was best mates with my uncle until 2004 when he passed away, perhaps you knew him through Tony? His name was Raymond Jones Regards Carl.