new wetherspoonspub

Off-topic discussions, musings and chat
snowman1

new wetherspoonspub

Post by snowman1 »

good morning all
is there any truth in the rumour that wetherspoons have bought that big old building on the left hand side between hyde park traffic lights and the skyrack pub, I was always led to believe that area was known as the dry mile as there was some old rule about selling alcohol in that area.also does any-body remember what the old building was used for?it seems to have been empty and for sale for years.
regards to all
sm1

NewShoes

Re: new wetherspoonspub

Post by NewShoes »

BLAKEY

Post by BLAKEY »

I may have got the wrong building, but wasn't it originally a Christian Science Church ??
There's nothing like keeping the past alive - it makes us relieved to reflect that any bad times have gone, and happy to relive all the joyful and fascinating experiences of our own and other folks' earlier days.

snowman1

Post by snowman1 »

blakey/new shoes
thanks for info guys and the link to the yep report,in the report it states they have one pub in headingley????
regards
sm1

hyperion

Post by hyperion »

So is Buckingham House and Elinor Lupton the same building?.
They say i have no talent and that I'm difficult to work with.And they say it as if its a bad thing

scrabblerz

Post by scrabblerz »

Don't forget the new Wetherspoons in Morley "The Picture House"

LS1

Post by LS1 »

Can't win can you?... People bemoan the pubs closing down, now there's a new one opening and they're still not happy!

tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

snowman1 wrote:blakey/new shoes
thanks for info guys and the link to the yep report,in the report it states they have one pub in headingley????
regards
sm1
Is the spokesman being confused by the Hedley Verity a name that could be considered synonymous with Headingley but firmly in Leeds City Centre. It, Stick and Twist the Three Hulats in Chapel Allerton and the Old Unicorn (Bramley town street) opening soon are the nearest pubs owned by the Wetherspoons group as far as I am aware.
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/

snowman1

Post by snowman1 »

hi tyke bhoy
I bet its the hedley verity,after all it was the Y.E.P. I have long since given up buying that paper.
looking forward to trying the unicorn its supposed to open tomorrow.
regards
sm1

tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

snowman1 wrote:hi tyke bhoy
I bet its the hedley verity,after all it was the Y.E.P. I have long since given up buying that paper.
looking forward to trying the unicorn its supposed to open tomorrow.
regards
sm1
I know it's the YEP but they are supposedly quoting a Wetherspoons spokesperson. Neither the Llloyds no7 or wetherspoons web sites calim any pub in Headingley and the only place I could think of remotely like one of their pubs is Arc but that appears to be aprt of an entirely different chain.
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/