Vulcan Bomber Flyover Leeds Bradford Airport Sunday 21st September

Railways, trams, buses, etc.
tezzzz

Post by tezzzz »

I remember seeing them fly over my house years ago. What a sight

Diamond Dog

Post by Diamond Dog »

Saw this from Otley Road in Headingley. Long story but had planned to see Lancasters in Derbyshire but in preference took daughter to Leeds Uni. Fab sight and very nostalgic. Ex Leeds so used to see Vulcans frequently. Only better sight was Chelsea tractor getting parking ticket on North Lane.

Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

I saw it (whilst in a taxi on Leeds and Bradford Road) coming from the airport direction and managed to scramble to the other side of the car (not quick enough to snap it approaching) and got this rather poor pic of it over Bramley....
Attachments
err.jpg
err.jpg (80.84 KiB) Viewed 3027 times

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

Wanderer wrote: I saw it (whilst in a taxi on Leeds and Bradford Road) coming from the airport direction and managed to scramble to the other side of the car (not quick enough to snap it approaching) and got this rather poor pic of it over Bramley.... I would have been happy with that picture
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds [email protected]

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

cnosni wrote: Wanderer wrote: I saw it (whilst in a taxi on Leeds and Bradford Road) coming from the airport direction and managed to scramble to the other side of the car (not quick enough to snap it approaching) and got this rather poor pic of it over Bramley.... I would have been happy with that picture Me too, you sense her approach, then hear her, see her - then she's gone!

tilly

Post by tilly »

chameleon wrote: cnosni wrote: Wanderer wrote: I saw it (whilst in a taxi on Leeds and Bradford Road) coming from the airport direction and managed to scramble to the other side of the car (not quick enough to snap it approaching) and got this rather poor pic of it over Bramley.... I would have been happy with that picture Me too, you sense her approach, then hear her, see her - then she's gone! Hi chameleon that sounds like my wife.
No matter were i end my days im an Hunslet lad with Hunslet ways.

raveydavey

Post by raveydavey »

cnosni wrote: Wanderer wrote: I saw it (whilst in a taxi on Leeds and Bradford Road) coming from the airport direction and managed to scramble to the other side of the car (not quick enough to snap it approaching) and got this rather poor pic of it over Bramley.... I would have been happy with that picture Me too - so far I haven't managed to get a single photo of the darn thing. I must make an effort next year before she finally retires.
Speaking the Truth in times of universal deceit is a revolutionary act – George Orwell

Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

Cheers fellas, I'm 53 and must be quicker than I thought in snapping 50's jet bombers over Northern cities because I actually snapped two pics, the previous one is the second one I took with the (digital) zoom on, here's the one slightly before with no zoom but much better resolution, you can zoom in on this one and see the pointy bits on the wings.......        
Attachments
FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg (844.29 KiB) Viewed 3028 times

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

tilly wrote: chameleon wrote: cnosni wrote: Wanderer wrote: I saw it (whilst in a taxi on Leeds and Bradford Road) coming from the airport direction and managed to scramble to the other side of the car (not quick enough to snap it approaching) and got this rather poor pic of it over Bramley.... I would have been happy with that picture Me too, you sense her approach, then hear her, see her - then she's gone! Hi chameleon that sounds like my wife. Oh tilly, that really made me laugh - but no way is Mrs C going to see it, quite sure she will think I was relating it to her

tilly

Post by tilly »

chameleon wrote: tilly wrote: chameleon wrote: cnosni wrote: Wanderer wrote: I saw it (whilst in a taxi on Leeds and Bradford Road) coming from the airport direction and managed to scramble to the other side of the car (not quick enough to snap it approaching) and got this rather poor pic of it over Bramley.... I would have been happy with that picture Me too, you sense her approach, then hear her, see her - then she's gone! Hi chameleon that sounds like my wife. Oh tilly, that really made me laugh - but no way is Mrs C going to see it, quite sure she will think I was relating it to her Hi chameleon Thats just my sense of humor, saw a very good photograph of a Vulcan on flickr what a plane i wish i had seen it over Leeds.
No matter were i end my days im an Hunslet lad with Hunslet ways.