What street is this plaque on?

How well do you know Leeds?
Leodian

Post by Leodian »

This plaque on a street caught my eye today (August 14 2014). What is the street? Cryptic clues just for now please if you know.I hope this 'What & Where?' is welcome in view of some implications in recent weeks that they may not be.
Attachments
002R.jpg
002R.jpg (147.7 KiB) Viewed 3186 times
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

buffaloskinner

Post by buffaloskinner »

Is this the end of the story ...or the beginning of a legend?

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

buffaloskinner wrote: That's been on beforehttp://www.secretleeds.com/forum/Messages.aspx ... essage=700 Thanks for that information buffaloskinner. I usually check but as I did not recall it being used before I did not do that this time! That will teach me! Could an administrator please now remove this thread.    

tilly

Post by tilly »

Leodian wrote: buffaloskinner wrote: That's been on beforehttp://www.secretleeds.com/forum/Messages.aspx ... essage=700 Thanks for that information buffaloskinner. I usually check but as I did not recall it being used before I did not do that this time! That will teach me! Could an administrator please now remove this thread.     Hi Leodion Its still nice to see the what and where back on lets see if you can find another one not that i ever get it right but we live in hopes.
No matter were i end my days im an Hunslet lad with Hunslet ways.

jonleeds

Post by jonleeds »

Speaking of blue plaques I can remember 15 years ago a friend of mine was living in the basement of what we called the 'Swallows and Amazons' house on Ash Grove in Hyde Park which bears a blue plaque as it was the former residence of author Arthur Ransome. However the carryings on in the basement bedsit were more akin to something from Irvine Welsh's 'Trainspotting'...
Have your fun when you're alive - you won't get nothing when you die... have a good time all the time! - Chumbawumba!

And no matter how things end, you should always keep in touch with your friends - Dave Gedge

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

tilly wrote: Leodian wrote: buffaloskinner wrote: That's been on beforehttp://www.secretleeds.com/forum/Messages.aspx ... essage=700 Thanks for that information buffaloskinner. I usually check but as I did not recall it being used before I did not do that this time! That will teach me! Could an administrator please now remove this thread.     Hi Leodion Its still nice to see the what and where back on lets see if you can find another one not that i ever get it right but we live in hopes. Hiya tilly. It's the same with me. Apart from a very few I never know a What & Where? If I had not sent them in I would probably not even know the answer to the W&W's that I've sent in! Noticing the object in a small alcove on this building I took this photo on April 1 2014 (not an April Fool) and had thought of using it in a W&W? but I decided not to as the quality is poor. It is high up on a building in the centre of Leeds and to take the zoomed-in photo I almost had to break my neck looking up! I thought I would however add it to this thread as a W&W?, so where is the building? The object seems to be eroded and I'm unsure what it is.
Attachments
002R.jpg
002R.jpg (57.73 KiB) Viewed 3186 times

tilly

Post by tilly »

Hi Leodian Sorry but i dont know where this is i am sure someone on the site will know.The trouble with me is i dont look up enough too busy looking for fag ends. LOL
No matter were i end my days im an Hunslet lad with Hunslet ways.

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

tilly wrote: Hi Leodian Sorry but i dont know where this is i am sure someone on the site will know.The trouble with me is i dont look up enough too busy looking for fag ends. LOL Hiya tilly. That made me .I tend not to look down nowadays so that I don't bump into people using their mobile phone who are taking no notice of where they are walking. Even more so for those who are not holding a phone but seem to be talking to themselves through headsets (I still find that very odd). Also not looking down lets me see approaching chuggers so that I can avoid them (well there are so many!). It also helps me avoid those people who swing an umbrella as they walk and seem unconcerned that it may injure someone. Rant over! When my gaze is down it is surprising though just how many coins are seen. I no longer bother picking up anything less than a 20p. Mind you, some months back now, a coin caught my eye on a pavement and it was a 1948 shilling! Strange thing to find!I will leave the object on the building photo a little while yet in case anyone wants to guess.

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

I thought it was time to give the answers. The plaque is on the road surface of Park Cross Street.The object is very near the top of what is currently the Body Shop premises fronting Briggate at the junction with Albion Place (see the photo taken on April 1st 2014). I still wonder what the eroded looking object represents.    
Attachments
001R.jpg
001R.jpg (93.8 KiB) Viewed 3186 times