Jimmy Savile

Off-topic discussions, musings and chat
Steve Jones

Post by Steve Jones »

I see from the report on Jimmy savile's activities in Leeds and elsewhere published today that his activities in the morgue have been mentioned again.This is an aspect that was quickly dropped when first mentioned in the press ,although seemed to be well known in the hospitals, so finally got into a report.
Steve JonesI don't know everything, I just like to give that impression!

chemimike

Post by chemimike »

I have only seen the media reports, but couldn't help noticing the descriptions given of him : "grandiose, opportunistic, manipulative, narcissistic, arrogant, lacking empathy". All very reminiscent of another person who was one of his enthusiastic mentors - Margaret Thatcher

Steve Jones

Post by Steve Jones »

chemimike wrote: I have only seen the media reports, but couldn't help noticing the descriptions given of him : "grandiose, opportunistic, manipulative, narcissistic, arrogant, lacking empathy". All very reminiscent of another person who was one of his enthusiastic mentors - Margaret Thatcher To be fair at least she didn't interfere with corpses as far as we know!
Steve JonesI don't know everything, I just like to give that impression!

chemimike

Post by chemimike »

No, I think she would have been a bit too grandiose to do that herself

anthonydna

Post by anthonydna »

You can judge a man by the company he keeps, Thatcher , Prince Charles and most of the West Yorkshire Police in his case....

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

I wonder if there are lots of 'Jim Fixed It For Me' badges appearing for sale on EBay! . Mind you, they may now have notoriety fame and be worth more than ever!
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

anthonydna wrote: You can judge a man by the company he keeps, Thatcher , Prince Charles and most of the West Yorkshire Police in his case.... Contraversial
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds [email protected]

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

Leodian wrote: I wonder if there are lots of 'Jim Fixed It For Me' badges appearing for sale on EBay! . Mind you, they may now have notoriety fame and be worth more than ever! Do yopu know what Leo, i have thought of a one word substitution in "Jim fixed it for me" that could no way be repeated on a site such as this.
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds [email protected]

Dalehelms

Post by Dalehelms »

I find the title of this thread rather inappropriate, in the light of all that has happened since the original posting. Would it be possible to change it to something less celebratory?

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

Dalehelms wrote: I find the title of this thread rather inappropriate, in the light of all that has happened since the original posting. Would it be possible to change it to something less celebratory? I also agree with you Dalehelms, however there was some controversy over teh renaming of the thread as some people were of the mind that JS was not around to defend himself and therefore stand trial to be found guilty or not.But this report really does question whether we should now retain the thread title,a nd i dont think we should.I am going to suggest that we simply call it Jimmy Savile.Any thoughts?