Did anyone see the RAF Sea King Helicopter over Leeds 15/6/2014?

Railways, trams, buses, etc.
jonleeds

Post by jonleeds »

Did anyone see the RAF Sea King Helicopter over Leeds 15/6/2014? I think it was about midday? I had a phone call from a friend who was just near the top of Butcher Hill to say he could see one approaching from the city centre direction. Just as I was speaking to my friend on the phone I heard the sound of the helicopter and looked outside to see it hovering overhead in the direction of Leeds Bradford Airport. Alas I wasnt able to take a photo as by the time my phones camera function comes up the helicopter was a speck in the distance. I dunno if the Sea King had transferred a casualty from the Dales / coast to LGI or if it was another training exercise.
Attachments
seaking1.jpg
seaking1.jpg (40.19 KiB) Viewed 1644 times
Have your fun when you're alive - you won't get nothing when you die... have a good time all the time! - Chumbawumba!

And no matter how things end, you should always keep in touch with your friends - Dave Gedge

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

jonleeds wrote: Did anyone see the RAF Sea King Helicopter over Leeds 15/6/2014? I think it was about midday? I had a phone call from a friend who was just near the top of Butcher Hill to say he could see one approaching from the city centre direction. Just as I was speaking to my friend on the phone I heard the sound of the helicopter and looked outside to see it hovering overhead in the direction of Leeds Bradford Airport. Alas I wasnt able to take a photo as by the time my phones camera function comes up the helicopter was a speck in the distance. I dunno if the Sea King had transferred a casualty from the Dales / coast to LGI or if it was another training exercise. Possible route refresh for pilot to LGI. Would have thought Yorkshire Air Ambulance would get to the dales quicker than a copter from the coast, unless it was a special injury that LGI would have to deal with from further afield    
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds [email protected]

jonleeds

Post by jonleeds »

I believe they have an RAF Coastguard station somewhere off the north west coast of Scotland and the Sea Kings from there must patrol the Lake District / Dales, unless they were from RAF Leconfield or Anglesey. Last time I was on Penyghent I saw an RAF Sea King helicopter flying almost level with me on the mountain top but about a mile away over the valley. I could see the side door was open and there was a crew member sitting inside. I waved at the helicopter and the crew member waved back at me - how cool!
Have your fun when you're alive - you won't get nothing when you die... have a good time all the time! - Chumbawumba!

And no matter how things end, you should always keep in touch with your friends - Dave Gedge