Competition - Gaslamps

Leeds by gaslight. Let's make a record of them all, before they go.
tilly

Post by tilly »

Poor Me was one of his hits sorry to go off topic.    
No matter were i end my days im an Hunslet lad with Hunslet ways.

Johnny39

Post by Johnny39 »

tilly wrote: Poor Me was one of his hits sorry to go off topic.     I think Tilly he is also credited with discovering Leo Sayer.
Daft I call it - What's for tea Ma?

Jogon

Post by Jogon »

Bonus point for current streetview.. If you know it (or I've already put it up on here) be cryptic.
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (0 Bytes) Viewed 23368 times

polo

Post by polo »

1 week and no response i can only assume this site is on its way out or giving way to FB. What do you have to do to get noticed round here

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

polo wrote: 1 week and no response i can only assume this site is on its way out or giving way to FB. What do you have to do to get noticed round here Hi polo. I assume you are referring to your post on May 31 2014. The reason why you may have had no replies is that the area brought up through the link you gave (at least on my internet) does not show any obvious gas lamps. I've just however moved the view to the left and came to the small road off New Briggate that has presumably the 2 lamps you mean near Nash's. I don't however know of their history.    
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

polo

Post by polo »

Hi Leodian thanks for your reply.Yes that was the one i was on about the link should be ok i think http://goo.gl/maps/mzbzqIm not sure about them at all but as theyre in front of the kemplay house (on earlier maps) it may have some significant history. Hoping these arent cosmetic though. Also anyone know why it is numbered oddly like 4a b etc

Jogon

Post by Jogon »

polo wrote: 1 week and no response i can only assume this site is on its way out or giving way to FB. What do you have to do to get noticed round here I looked at your post and got the picture of the Wrens (hopefully enclosed), didn't understand and so 'moved on'. I saw you flagged lack of response up at 3 days and now same again/week.I don't do Facebook, but I don't know that that's why you've not had a response. I've had a couple of things recently where, for example, a competition has asked me to enter on Facebook. Hope it's a passing fad.Anyway good luck with the post. I think many moons ago I posted a gaslamp I found up at Rawdon Crematorium. Think I ended up answering it myself.    
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (0 Bytes) Viewed 23368 times

Cardiarms

Post by Cardiarms »

Afaik they we're put in when the street was tarted up a while back. But I don't really know. Sorry for being tardy.

BillyBritvic

Post by BillyBritvic »

I have read all the thread but may have missed if anyone mentioned these.
Attachments
Gills West Riding.jpg
Gills West Riding.jpg (348.85 KiB) Viewed 23368 times
The longer we live the older we get

BillyBritvic

Post by BillyBritvic »

farbank wrote: Saw one today.! Down Change Alley, off Albion Street.Anyone mentioned it yet.? Was at the end of Change Alley today and took this pic.
Attachments
Chang Alley1.jpg
Chang Alley1.jpg (154.8 KiB) Viewed 23368 times
The longer we live the older we get