Walking to Skipton, by bus X84

Your favourite days out round Leeds
Jogon

Post by Jogon »

Just planning some bus routes and came across this useful site. Informative and sounds like a nice project.http://dickdowning.wordpress.com/

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

The "2.Golden Acre to Old Pool Bank (about three hours)" is interesting. Admittedly not going via Pauls Pond way I walked a couple of years back from Alwoodley via Golden Acre Park, Bramhope, the top of Old Pool Bank into Caley Estate, East Chevin and on to reach the top of Otley Chevin in just 2 hours (including some much needed rest breaks!). I'm not a fit nor a fast walker. I got the X84 back to Leeds though! I keep meaning to use the X84 to go to Otley then walk to Ilkley (riverside where possible) and get the X84 back to Leeds. I have not given any thought though to using the X84 for walks in the Skipton area, so perhaps I should.Not directly related but using the Leeds to Carlisle train to get into the Three Peaks area by getting off at such as Horton in Ribblesdale (HIR) is an excellent way to get out for a walk. It takes only just over 1 hour to HIR by train from Leeds with little worry (if you are sensible) about not being able to catch a train back to Leeds.
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

Jogon

Post by Jogon »

Leo Thanks, I forget about the West Coast / Carlisle train links and the areas these can put you into, lake district too.