Where is this?

How well do you know Leeds?
tilly

Post by tilly »

This is in Leeds City Center not on the outskirts.Its a roof i have passed under many times over the years just saw it today for the first time.
Attachments
005e.jpg
005e.jpg (67.4 KiB) Viewed 3538 times
No matter were i end my days im an Hunslet lad with Hunslet ways.

Jogon

Post by Jogon »

I'm wrong - I thought the roof of the gatehouse to Holy Trinity Meanwood.You did say centre

Wool

Post by Wool »

LGI?

chemimike

Post by chemimike »

The old colour chemistry building at the university?

gars21

Post by gars21 »

This is the ceiling of the porch at the entrance to the gilbert scott (old) building of the LGI

tilly

Post by tilly »

Wool wrote: LGI? Well done Wool Its the old entrance to the LGI. Also gars21.
No matter were i end my days im an Hunslet lad with Hunslet ways.

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

tilly wrote: Wool wrote: LGI? Well done Wool Its the old entrance to the LGI. Also gars21. Nice W&W tilly. I did not know it but did wonder if it might be in the Central Reference Library/Tiled Hall area. I may have never been through that entrance to the LGI as even now knowing the location I still don't recall seeing what looks to be a very interesting ceiling.
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

Wool

Post by Wool »

Gosh I think this is the first time I have known one of these!

j.c.d.

Post by j.c.d. »

If anyone has occasion to visit the old part of the L.G.I. after passing under this roof have a look at the stone staircase and see how one side by the banister has worn down with the many thousands of sick people and their visitors have had to climb over the many years.                                                                         Made me feel sad going up them on a recent visit.

raveydavey

Post by raveydavey »

j.c.d. wrote: If anyone has occasion to visit the old part of the L.G.I. after passing under this roof have a look at the stone staircase and see how one side by the banister has worn down with the many thousands of sick people and their visitors have had to climb over the many years.                                                                         Made me feel sad going up them on a recent visit. This is my preferred entrance if ever I have to visit the LGI. Much better than the soulless generic new bit.Make the most of this section of the LGI as the powers that be are desperate to mothball it. Probably using the well worn 'modern patient requirements' blurb....
Speaking the Truth in times of universal deceit is a revolutionary act – George Orwell