Found some pictures

Bunkers, shelters and other buildings
Scotteh2k8

Post by Scotteh2k8 »

ReddaDrops wrote: HAHA mr gillow! he must have been at braim wood for a loooong time, as he was there in 2001 when i left. AAAANY BODY GOING SKIIIING!Mrs Wadington - a frail old art teacher, who looked like a skelotonMr Beardmore - Old style school teacher who should have been in the militaryMr williamson - Old maths teacher with iron finger who used to jab us very hard in the chest, im sure that wasnt allowed!Mr Bigland - pock marcked face. Thought he was king of computersMr Fitzmaurice - dputy head - with breath that resembled, well lets say fish....Mrs walker - Frech teacher with a personailty disorder. used to scream and shout like a hyena on acidMrs Gill, great art teacher, but with google eyes. never knew if she was looking at you or the wall!M.V. PULIS. - Head Teacher from late 97ish, allllways talking about respect, Mrs Cudworth, mr beardmores wife - always wore short skin tight skirts and used to sit on the desk in front of us all so we could catch a glimspe haha, Mrs Brown - French Teacher with a flat flat chest!!!Mr Derrick - P.E teacher who used to smoke like a chemicals factory, with a over hang belly....great for P.E!Mrs Mcilwee, nowt bad can be said about this looker, apart form she was married to simon derrick the PE teacher.Mrs Musgrave, old ooking teacher who was a dead ringer for anne robinson before A.R had face lifts and botox!cant think of the rest at the mo, but if i do ill post em, these were teachgin when i was there 96-01 and many was teaching since dinosaurs roamed, hahaha i left braimwood in 2003 and Miss Mckilwee i thik everyone drewled over! Mr Gillow actually died when I was in year 11, and he left braimwood when i was in year 10, he had a heart attack or something. He was classic though, the one way to get out of a french lesson was by asking him a question about the Channel Tunnel!
For every action, there is a reaction

ceejaylufc

Post by ceejaylufc »

headmistress when I was there (1972-1975) was Miss Carry and she got married and changed her name to Mrs Rowe, I remember Mr Schulman, Miss Bowler - what a woman - walloped me because my seams weren't straight on my apron. I remember Mr.Llewellyn very well and Mr.Gillow the French teacher, you're right - he must have been there 30 years !! Mr.Fawley was one of my form teachers and yes I rolled mercury in my hands and so was Miss Robinson - taught RE was well as English and I think the PE teacher was Mrs. Hale, I certainly remember a little woman who absolutely loved playing hockey !. Mrs Frank was an absolutely massive lady who did art.I remember going to Middlethorne, it'll have been my last year I think before I went to Foxwood, I didnt like it there, open plan and very very noisy.Braimwood was snobby in those days, as somebody said, if you were posh, you were in, if not, you were beared with lol.Still, happy days

joanne13

Post by joanne13 »

''Keep your tongue still'' and ''i cant see through lumps of human flesh''were just a couple of baggy bowlers sayings.I was made to stay in her class at break time on many occasions for losing needles or because my school bag wasn't under the table properly which resulted in Miss Bowler kicking it to the other end of the classroom.Being made to read 'The laws of the land' book was one of her favourite punishments

Chrism

Post by Chrism »

TONY2 wrote: Ive found some pictures of Braimwood Boys Highschool before the school was built! Also the second picture of Benjamin Gott School i think. Where's the BG pic?
Sit thissen dahn an' tell us abaht it.

PC - Dublin

Post by PC - Dublin »

ReddaDrops wrote: HAHA mr gillow! he must have been at braim wood for a loooong time, as he was there in 2001 when i left. AAAANY BODY GOING SKIIIING!Mrs Wadington - a frail old art teacher, who looked like a skelotonMr Beardmore - Old style school teacher who should have been in the militaryMr williamson - Old maths teacher with iron finger who used to jab us very hard in the chest, im sure that wasnt allowed!Mr Bigland - pock marcked face. Thought he was king of computersMr Fitzmaurice - dputy head - with breath that resembled, well lets say fish....Mrs walker - Frech teacher with a personailty disorder. used to scream and shout like a hyena on acidMrs Gill, great art teacher, but with google eyes. never knew if she was looking at you or the wall!M.V. PULIS. - Head Teacher from late 97ish, allllways talking about respect, Mrs Cudworth, mr beardmores wife - always wore short skin tight skirts and used to sit on the desk in front of us all so we could catch a glimspe haha, Mrs Brown - French Teacher with a flat flat chest!!!Mr Derrick - P.E teacher who used to smoke like a chemicals factory, with a over hang belly....great for P.E!Mrs Mcilwee, nowt bad can be said about this looker, apart form she was married to simon derrick the PE teacher.Mrs Musgrave, old ooking teacher who was a dead ringer for anne robinson before A.R had face lifts and botox!cant think of the rest at the mo, but if i do ill post em, these were teachgin when i was there 96-01 and many was teaching since dinosaurs roamed, I have no idea who they were but I must say that ReddaDrops drew a fabulous picture of them !!!

LindaBooth

Post by LindaBooth »

[quotenick="ceejaylufc"]headmistress when I was there (1972-1975) was Miss Carry and she got married and changed her name to Mrs Rowe, I remember Mr Schulman, Miss Bowler - what a woman - walloped me because my seams weren't straight on my apron. I remember Mr.Llewellyn very well and Mr.Gillow the French teacher, you're right - he must have been there 30 years !! Mr.Fawley was one of my form teachers and yes I rolled mercury in my hands and so was Miss Robinson - taught RE was well as English and I think the PE teacher was Mrs. Hale, I certainly remember a little woman who absolutely loved playing hockey !. Mrs Frank was an absolutely massive lady who did art.I remember going to Middlethorne, it'll have been my last year I think before I went to Foxwood, I didnt like it there, open plan and very very noisy.Braimwood was snobby in those days, as somebody said, if you were posh, you were in, if not, you were beared with lol.Still, happy days I was at Braimwood,Linda Booth,and remember all these teachers, happy days,til i moved to London aged 13 in 1977, sad to see the building is gone ,does anyone remember me

jdbythesea

Post by jdbythesea »

error

Peter.shaw

Re: Found some pictures

Post by Peter.shaw »

Ah memories. I too would love to see any pictures of the school.
I can't imagine many will be left as the school wasn't around when camera phones were easily available.

I went to braimwood in the late 90s with 2 posters in here. Reddy and Tony . I was in Mrs jenners form. I despised Mrs Gill and she despised me too.
Mr friff
Andrea Knowles
French support teacher miss perdreux?
Mike Williamson (tosser)
Many more too.

Some of the best times of my childhood at this school.

Leigh80

Post by Leigh80 »

Realise this thread is long dead...but I went here in the 90's. Probably 1991-1996. I remember a lot of these teachers on the other Braim Wood threads; Mr Gillow, Mrs Waddington. Mr Fawcett was one that hasn't been mentioned, he was a good old guy - taught English and was fairly relaxed. Also Mr Hoyle; he was an interesting chap. I could be wrong but thought he might have started life as a substitute - but he was a little younger and more into what the kids were into. I found out years later that he was a huge Dr Who fan and filmed his own Dr Who episodes. As someone with an interest in media and film, this was really interesting. Wonder what he's doing?
Anyway - these pictures have really brought it all back.
I remember it all - the trips abroad, the gym, the tennis courts, the big mamma (yes, it was mamma) and the rugby pitch out back, footy pitch up front. When I got sent here by mum and dad, I was furious, - I wanted to go to Roundhay with all my mates. But BW was great, it really was. Yes, all boys meant no girls but it didn't matter.
I genuinely had a great time at high school, and did well academically. We don't live in Roundhay / Oakwood any more, but if we did I'd have sent my kids there, no doubt.

Swan1

Post by Swan1 »

I went to braim wood middle Leeds 70s I had some close friends my name then was,Lynn gibbons I left 1977 I remember Mr Llewellyn