Leeds Lost Pubs - Part 2

Old, disused, forgotten and converted pubs
anthonydna

Post by anthonydna »

Looked like lot of pumps in when I walked past, will be checking it out this afternoon, the things I do for this place...Isn't the whole building called "Atlas House" ?

Steve Jones

Post by Steve Jones »

I think you are right about Atlas house.I will be popping in when I can spare time before going home ,although as it is in the business sector I don't expect it to be cheap<G>.
Steve JonesI don't know everything, I just like to give that impression!

Steve Jones

Post by Steve Jones »

I went into the Atlas tonight.Good conversion. 6 wickets but only one ale on although 2 more waiting.A good range of whiskies and brandies behind the bar as well as the usual fizzy [edited for content] on tap.Food seems the main thing but I didn't look at a menu as had to catch my bus.

BarFly

Post by BarFly »

I really must get into town more -- wasn't aware of The Atlas. Just checked it out on Google Earth and it looks interesting so I'll have to live up to my handle on here and check it out.

anthonydna

Post by anthonydna »

Lots of teething problems tonight, but being a great guy will give it another go!    

majorhoundii

Post by majorhoundii »

Well it's happening at last. Morley's getting a Wetherspoons. It'll be on Queen Street in the former Blockbusters store. Typical, just when I move out of Morley, Wetherspoons move in, they must have been waiting!

Steve Jones

Post by Steve Jones »

anthonydna wrote: Lots of teething problems tonight, but being a great guy will give it another go!     I went in yesterday to The Atlas.Had a nice meal and a pint of their house beer Atlas Ale,very nice but when we were in around 12:15 it was very quiet.

Steve266

Post by Steve266 »

Speaking of lost pubs who remembers the Anchor in hunslet near to the Morrisons supermarketTetley's house
life is not a dress rehearsal

kango

Post by kango »

Here you go.
Attachments
anchorpub_early1970s_03.jpg
anchorpub_early1970s_03.jpg (66.28 KiB) Viewed 2257 times

raveydavey

Post by raveydavey »

Not sure if its been mentioned, but The Gate in Seacroft is up for sale.www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/p ... .htmlDon't know what it means for the future of one of the areas last remaining pubs...
Speaking the Truth in times of universal deceit is a revolutionary act – George Orwell