The United Bar, Holbeck - good news!

Ale & Local History combined. Secret Leeds Heaven!
ARGIE

Post by ARGIE »

A friend and I were making the ritual trip from town up to Elland Road on Saturday and were pleased to see the newly-opened United Bar doing a good trade. I think it opened last week sometime. It's not changed much, if at all, bar a lick of paint and an industrial clean since its days as the Waggon and Horses - and to be perfectly honest its far from Leeds' most salubrious pubs - BUT it's lovely to see a pub OPENING in Holbeck for a change.My friend and I's run up to ER used to involve stops at The Grove, Commercial, Nelson, Bulls Head, Kings Arms, Spotted Cow, Brit and Waggon & Horses. Until the 'Waggons' re-opening around half of those had shut down, mirroring the plight of many pubs around the country.May I wish the United Bar's new owners every bit of luck - Holbeck could do with a success story.

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

ARGIE wrote: A friend and I were making the ritual trip from town up to Elland Road on Saturday and were pleased to see the newly-opened United Bar doing a good trade. I think it opened last week sometime. It's not changed much, if at all, bar a lick of paint and an industrial clean since its days as the Waggon and Horses - and to be perfectly honest its far from Leeds' most salubrious pubs - BUT it's lovely to see a pub OPENING in Holbeck for a change.My friend and I's run up to ER used to involve stops at The Grove, Commercial, Nelson, Bulls Head, Kings Arms, Spotted Cow, Brit and Waggon & Horses. Until the 'Waggons' re-opening around half of those had shut down, mirroring the plight of many pubs around the country.May I wish the United Bar's new owners every bit of luck - Holbeck could do with a success story. Here here!!
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds contactinfo@secretleeds.com

Doubledave

Post by Doubledave »

Went to have a look last night, it was closed!When they are open, do they sell real beer?