Features - Tunnels Under City Station

The Darker Arches
Leodian

Post by Leodian »

Another view taken today (Dec 9 2011). I like the nice stonework over the small arch.
Attachments
__TFMF_hn4ad22uhqtgvtzw41h20nu1_9d5a34ca-636c-4cb3-96a8-6a96d58c90dd_0_main.jpg
__TFMF_hn4ad22uhqtgvtzw41h20nu1_9d5a34ca-636c-4cb3-96a8-6a96d58c90dd_0_main.jpg (241.31 KiB) Viewed 2807 times
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

Another view taken today (Dec 9 2011). This one shows the scene where the River Aire reappears after running under the City Station. The road/pedestrian bridge in the Dark Arches area can be seen.
Attachments
__TFMF_hn4ad22uhqtgvtzw41h20nu1_cd5b808c-e18f-40cf-9309-3ac8f092c89d_0_main.jpg
__TFMF_hn4ad22uhqtgvtzw41h20nu1_cd5b808c-e18f-40cf-9309-3ac8f092c89d_0_main.jpg (240.45 KiB) Viewed 2807 times

Phill_dvsn

Post by Phill_dvsn »

You should get yourself a free flickr account Leodian, you like to get out and about with the camera. I'm sure your photos would do well in the flickr Secret Leeds, and Leeds groups!
My flickr pictures are herehttp://www.flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/Because lunacy was the influence for an album. It goes without saying that an album about lunacy will breed a lunatics obsessions with an album - The Dark side of the moon!

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Phill_dvsn wrote: You should get yourself a free flickr account Leodian, you like to get out and about with the camera. I'm sure your photos would do well in the flickr Secret Leeds, and Leeds groups! Have a look here Leodian:http://www.flickr.com/groups/secretleeds/

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

This is another photo that I took yesterday (Dec 9 2011) at the Dark Arches area. I hope it is of interest. With its overexposed background it is not the best quality photo, but I like the drainpipe! It is odd that the drainpipe was not simply made to just come out at that section's roof level, so that anything draining out just fell into the water. The pipe looks new(ish) and must have been difficult to fit at that location.
Attachments
__TFMF_nhchwr2go014i055vy0eg0ni_8f52f660-e014-4c75-8b7f-5b00056fc1ba_0_main.jpg
__TFMF_nhchwr2go014i055vy0eg0ni_8f52f660-e014-4c75-8b7f-5b00056fc1ba_0_main.jpg (317.47 KiB) Viewed 2807 times

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

chameleon wrote: Phill_dvsn wrote: You should get yourself a free flickr account Leodian, you like to get out and about with the camera. I'm sure your photos would do well in the flickr Secret Leeds, and Leeds groups! Have a look here Leodian:http://www.flickr.com/groups/secretleeds/ @ LeodianW would certainly like to have any of your pictures on Flickr Leodian,its free to join (you do have to set up a Yahoo address if you dont have one,but thats free)and the pictures wouyld be a great addition to the Leeds groups that Phil mentions,also as i have mentioned before the Modern Leodis group which is basically an attempt to complement Leodis,but with pictures of modern Leeds,its events and people.Anyone else interested please take a lookhttp://www.flickr.com/groups/1223815@N22/Any new members and appropriate contributions are welcome.
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds [email protected]

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

Hi all.Having seen the terms and conditions and privacy policy of Yahoo (of which Flickr is part) I would rather not join up because of the information they require. In those it states "When you register with Yahoo!, we ask for personally identifiable information such as your name, email address, birth date, gender, post code, occupation, industry, and personal interests". I do not however wish for my personal details to be known to any more sources than they already are. For similar reasons I am not a member of any social network. I know I'm therefore an anachronism in today's world! I hope that my wish not to join Yahoo (hence Flickr) will be accepted and that I will still be welcome to post photos on SL.    

Phill_dvsn

Post by Phill_dvsn »

Leodian wrote: Hi all.Having seen the terms and conditions and privacy policy of Yahoo (of which Flickr is part) I would rather not join up because of the information they require. In those it states "When you register with Yahoo!, we ask for personally identifiable information such as your name, email address, birth date, gender, post code, occupation, industry, and personal interests". I do not however wish for my personal details to be known to any more sources than they already are. For similar reasons I am not a member of any social network. I know I'm therefore an anachronism in today's world! I hope that my wish not to join Yahoo (hence Flickr) will be accepted and that I will still be welcome to post photos on SL.     There was absolutely no obligation to join flickr Leodian, only a suggestion really as you like taking photos, and I'm sure you would have got something out of it. But your contributions to S.L are of course still more than welcome.I wouldn't really let the yahoo information put you off, It's nothing more than what registering for your e-mail address, and things like registering to websites like Secret Leeds have already done to your privacy. You would be surprised at the spyware cookies tracking your every move on the internet, your ISP is automatically traced whatever you do, any websites you visit already know which area you live, your internet provider e.t.c. Using the internet isn't as anonymous as people first think.        
My flickr pictures are herehttp://www.flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/Because lunacy was the influence for an album. It goes without saying that an album about lunacy will breed a lunatics obsessions with an album - The Dark side of the moon!

tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

Leodian wrote: Hi all.Having seen the terms and conditions and privacy policy of Yahoo (of which Flickr is part) I would rather not join up because of the information they require. In those it states "When you register with Yahoo!, we ask for personally identifiable information such as your name, email address, birth date, gender, post code, occupation, industry, and personal interests". I do not however wish for my personal details to be known to any more sources than they already are. For similar reasons I am not a member of any social network. I know I'm therefore an anachronism in today's world! I hope that my wish not to join Yahoo (hence Flickr) will be accepted and that I will still be welcome to post photos on SL.     You most definitely are not an anachorism Leodian and I would fight "tooth and nail" for your right to post photos on SL without joining flickr.
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/

Phill_dvsn

Post by Phill_dvsn »

Here's a few Dark arch shots from my collection. Tram arch 99A true hidden place where trams used to go was arch 99 under Leeds City station. A single track ran out of the back of Swinegate depot into a narrow yard and under the arches. Here withdrawn and older cars used only at peak times were kept.Within the arches the track split into three. It was a desperate place with rats and mice flourishing. Today arch 99 is used as a private car park.        Victorian and 1960's construction merge together. A staggering 18 million bricks and stones hold up these vaulted arches for the station. Construction began in 1866 and the station was completed in 1869.