What & Where? Birthday Special

How well do you know Leeds?
Phill_d

Post by Phill_d »

Yeah were is the man who started all this when we need him?? That munki will be out on the ale enjoying himself, while us sad old fogey's are sat at home in Val Doonican cardigans trying to work out the answer         
A fool spends his entire life digging a hole for himself.A wise man knows when it's time to stop!(phill.d 2010)http://flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/

wiggy

Post by wiggy »

Phill_d wrote: Yeah were is the man who started all this when we need him?? That munki will be out on the ale enjoying himself, while us sad old fogeys in are sat at home in Val Doonican cardigans trying to work out the answer          val doonican...now theres a blast from the past...are you methusala,as my late great mother would say to me?
i do believe,induced by potent circumstances,that thou art' mine enemy?

carith

Post by carith »

Where.Corner of Cookride street and the headrow Next to the old Leeds Permanent Building sociaety.What.Dont know its origainal use but it was used as a reference library for old newspapers back in the 70s and early 80s.    

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

carith wrote: Where.Corner of Cookride street and the headrow Next to the old Leeds Permanent Building sociaety.What.Dont know its origainal use but it was used as a reference library for old newspapers back in the 70s and early 80s.     But the corner of The Headrow and Cookridge Street IS the old Leeds Perm and next to that is surely St Anne's Cathedral. Is this really where you mean?

carith

Post by carith »

chameleon I take it all back I was thinking of the rear to the municipal building on further search this is not the location.On the illustration there is a building that looks like a chapel to right of the Chimney. There is also an high wall (or could that be a rail way track) running behind the building and in front of the chimney which may suggest the building is near a railway. I would now have a guess the building is near the old central station

Phill_d

Post by Phill_d »

WERE'S MUNKI?? I reckon it's been guessed ages ago but he's too tight to buy that pint for the winner lol     
A fool spends his entire life digging a hole for himself.A wise man knows when it's time to stop!(phill.d 2010)http://flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Phill_d wrote: WERE'S MUNKI?? I reckon it's been guessed ages ago but he's too tight to buy that pint for the winner lol      Guessing he'll have to go into hiding by Friday phill!

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

carith wrote: chameleon I take it all back I was thinking of the rear to the municipal building on further search this is not the location.On the illustration there is a building that looks like a chapel to right of the Chimney. There is also an high wall (or could that be a rail way track) running behind the building and in front of the chimney which may suggest the building is near a railway. I would now have a guess the building is near the old central station It's called ---- Frustration carith! Gone over so many locations, I think a wooden box would look like the right answer now, either that or go build the _____ thing!

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

The old Queens does have some strikingly similar features to this drawing, though clearly diluted from the detail we see. Did not the old Queens have a frontage over three sides, perhaps hiding an entrance on a corner?'I think it is the original queens, perhaps an architect's illustration (the final building undergoing some changes). The topography fits with the slope down to the left - perhaps the new Queens was set back or the road narrowed to create the current station access' said jf and - munki wrote: People are straying CLOSE TO the truth, here (particularly the first bit of the last comment by jf), but not quite thinking laterally enough to get it! Close to the truth - not quite describing their thoughts correctly, or think laterally, analogous to the suggestions made or a building close (litterally, laterally) by to the Queens?Muuuuuunkiiiiii............ !

Brandy

Post by Brandy »

come on munki help us out down here!!
Attachments
__TFMF_y4il23v4uvwugc55z0gipnq1_1b68e072-6ad2-498d-9f33-5ae536cffb2a_0_main.jpg
__TFMF_y4il23v4uvwugc55z0gipnq1_1b68e072-6ad2-498d-9f33-5ae536cffb2a_0_main.jpg (62.48 KiB) Viewed 1868 times
There are only 10 types of people in the world -those who understand binary, and those that don't.