WHERE..??

How well do you know Leeds?
Brunel

WHERE..??

Post by Brunel »

Been past it many times and never noticed. Perhaps it has had a clean up that makes it more attractive.

LS1 is excluded from this. (seen it )
Attachments
WRAYS BUILDINGS.jpg
WRAYS BUILDINGS.jpg (472.37 KiB) Viewed 10654 times

tilly

Re: WHERE..??

Post by tilly »

I took a photograph on Thursday last week of this i will not say were it is.I cropped it and used the top part for my finished photograph.
No matter were i end my days im an Hunslet lad with Hunslet ways.

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

Nice photo. Like tilly I know the answer to where it is but I shall also not give it. As for the building I think it has some of the nicest carvings to be seen (that's not a clue). I must though admit that I had not realised its name is in the plural Wray's Buildings (that's also not a clue).
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

tilly

Post by tilly »

If this goes on for a while i have got a clue but i will not post it yet.
No matter were i end my days im an Hunslet lad with Hunslet ways.

buffaloskinner

Post by buffaloskinner »

I cannot see the point of someone asking a WHAT or WHERE question but if you know the answer you cannot post it. Rubbish, we could be sat here years waiting for the answer that we already know. For those who don’t know ask Google.

What is the point of this when very few people come to this forum anymore, it’s never been the same since the site was revamped, it lost a lot of viewers and posters and never recovered after being offline for so long.

End of rant :twisted:
Is this the end of the story ...or the beginning of a legend?

Brunel

Post by Brunel »

jma

Post by jma »

buffaloskinner wrote: ... very few people come to this forum anymore, it’s never been the same since the site was revamped, it lost a lot of viewers and posters and never recovered after being offline for so long. ...
I'm relatively new on here and this has resolved a question that had me baffled.

LS1

Post by LS1 »

buffaloskinner wrote:I cannot see the point of someone asking a WHAT or WHERE question but if you know the answer you cannot post it. Rubbish, we could be sat here years waiting for the answer that we already know. For those who don’t know ask Google.

What is the point of this when very few people come to this forum anymore, it’s never been the same since the site was revamped, it lost a lot of viewers and posters and never recovered after being offline for so long.

I don't think the OP said that on this one though did they?

warringtonrhino

Post by warringtonrhino »

buffaloskinner wrote:I cannot see the point of someone asking a WHAT or WHERE question but if you know the answer you cannot post it. Rubbish, we could be sat here years waiting for the answer that we already know. For those who don’t know ask Google.

Some will have an inkling of where it is – and enjoy checking to get reassurance that their memory is still active. Some won’t have a clue, and will enjoy the search; we are never too old to learn, even if we have to wait for someone else to work out the answer. A minority will instantly know where it is, and can send a private message, or spoil it for everyone else by announcing how knowledgeable they are. I don’t take part in all the threads on the forum, but I wouldn’t want to ban them, just because they didn’t interest me.

volvojack

Post by volvojack »

warringtonrhino.
I agree with you, we need more Threads and Posts to keep the Site fresh, Banning something simply because you don't like it is not the answer.

( for the record i don't know where it is, got a slight notion but am quite happy to wait for the answer to be revealed.)