Where is this building?

How well do you know Leeds?
Leodian

Where is this building?

Post by Leodian »

I suspect this will be an easy 'Where?' for this building in LS1 but it may be of interest to those who do not know so please give cryptic clues for now. I have done various searches of Secret Leeds and this does not seem to have been used before as a W&W. I took the photo on September 13 2016.
Sept132016.jpg
Sept132016.jpg (104.6 KiB) Viewed 12139 times
Just before taking the photo I had noticed that the two features to the left may at some stage have lost their tops that are seen on the otherwise similar two features on the right. Perhaps someone will know when the location is revealed.
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

rikj

Re: Where is this building?

Post by rikj »

Taken with your back to the site of an old cinema?

Peterdavidshaw

Post by Peterdavidshaw »

Oh well that is 100% the speaker and hifi place opposite the old abc cinema

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

As I expected this was a far too easy 'Where is this building?'. It is the old chest clinic viewed from its Vicar Lane frontage as seen in this photo that I took on September 13 2016. The building is currently used by Richer Sounds.
OldChestClinicLeedsVicarLaneFrontageSept132016.jpg
OldChestClinicLeedsVicarLaneFrontageSept132016.jpg (117.86 KiB) Viewed 12056 times
I'm not really sure why I used the image as a W&W as that was not my original intention which was to ask if anyone know when the missing features went (or about went) missing. These are links to 2 related images in Leodis:-

http://www.leodis.net/display.aspx?reso ... SPLAY=FULL

http://www.leodis.net/display.aspx?reso ... SPLAY=FULL

The image in the first link was taken June 3 1907 and shows that the features were there then. The image in the second link was taken October 29 1999 and shows that the features were missing at least then.
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.