Where are these buildings?

How well do you know Leeds?
Leodian

Post by Leodian »

This is a view from a different angle.
Attachments
006R.jpg
006R.jpg (129.64 KiB) Viewed 2875 times
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

jdbythesea

Post by jdbythesea »

Leodian wrote: This is a view from a different angle. Now I understand your earlier comment about cryptic clues Leo. I've been a little under par recently and missed it but now I think I can pitch in with my thoughts. Are we somewhere north of the Ring Road?    

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

jdbythesea wrote: Leodian wrote: This is a view from a different angle. Now I understand your earlier comment about cryptic clues Leo. I've been a little under par recently and missed it but now I think I can pitch in with my thoughts. Are we somewhere north of the Ring Road?     Hi jdbythesea. Hope you are feeling better.Yes. It's probably not giving much away by now but Steve266's "Looks a bit Emerdale" is not particularly far from that television set location to where the buildings are. I've posted a view from yet another angle. I feel I should add that the site did not smell.
Attachments
005R.jpg
005R.jpg (123.59 KiB) Viewed 2875 times

buffaloskinner

Post by buffaloskinner »

Well I do believe that it's the old laundry, still full of the old washing machinery and I think it's near a castle.
Is this the end of the story ...or the beginning of a legend?

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

buffaloskinner wrote: Well I do believe that it's the old laundry, still full of the old washing machinery and I think it's near a castle. That's fascinating information buffaloskinner . I wonder if the laundry workers felt like they were at home?Oh and yes, it is near(ish) a castle.

jonleeds

Post by jonleeds »

Does it rhyme with "banks"?
Have your fun when you're alive - you won't get nothing when you die... have a good time all the time! - Chumbawumba!

And no matter how things end, you should always keep in touch with your friends - Dave Gedge

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

jonleeds wrote: Does it rhyme with "banks"? Hi jon .More with "bank" than "banks".

BLAKEY

Post by BLAKEY »

Leodian wrote: jonleeds wrote: Does it rhyme with "banks"? Hi jon .More with "bank" than "banks". Oh 'eck - I was just going to suggest Stanks and Hazlewood Castle near- ish
There's nothing like keeping the past alive - it makes us relieved to reflect that any bad times have gone, and happy to relive all the joyful and fascinating experiences of our own and other folks' earlier days.

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

BLAKEY wrote: Leodian wrote: jonleeds wrote: Does it rhyme with "banks"? Hi jon .More with "bank" than "banks". Oh 'eck - I was just going to suggest Stanks and Hazlewood Castle near- ish Hi Blakey .Wow, the closeness of what would have been your named suggestion is amazing! Drop the s in Stanks and the location is near(ish) H...wood Castle.

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

I think it will now be obvious that the buildings are at the Stank area in Harewood Estate. Though the immediate area of the Estate is private there is a public access road near-by. Very close-by is the Harewood Business Park that is on the site of what was a seemingly unused complex of buildings that were redeveloped a few years back and now look excellent. That site was part of the Home Farm complex. Though they seem to have been unused now for very many years the buildings that I photographed will hopefully be similarly redeveloped at some stage (I don't know but I suspect they may be listed buildings). The area may not be that well known to walkers but there does seem to more around nowadays when I walk there, so it is becoming better known. I have posted one more view of the site (I particularly like the bulrushes). Oh, in case anyone thinks it should not be a SL topic I thought it qualifies as it is in the Harewood council ward of Leeds.In the early 1990s I was passing by the then unused complex that became the business park and was surprised to see a 2nd World War German soldier with a rifle crossing the road there! Then a few more came. After a few moments of a 'what the hell is going on shock' I guessed correctly that filming was going on. Phew, that was a relief! The site was being used for filming of 'Seaforth' a television series that was released in 1994 (I even saw part of a scene that I saw filmed).    
Attachments
007R.jpg
007R.jpg (151.95 KiB) Viewed 2875 times