Where is this?

How well do you know Leeds?
LS1

Post by LS1 »

Looks a bit Scabby.

BLAKEY

Post by BLAKEY »

Leodian wrote: [Anywhere near the seaside? I'm not sure The Parksider if that is cryptic or just feeding for ideas. The answer though is yes! I think that will be it now, but I shall leave it for a little while yet. Just a "cryptic guess" - I've no clue, but anywhere in the environs of "The Ship" off Briggate ??
There's nothing like keeping the past alive - it makes us relieved to reflect that any bad times have gone, and happy to relive all the joyful and fascinating experiences of our own and other folks' earlier days.

jim

Post by jim »

Prelate's entrance.

stutterdog

Post by stutterdog »

jim wrote: Prelate's entrance. Round the back of the Sam Smiths pub up an alley off Briggate( can't think of its name!)
ex-Armley lad

jim

Post by jim »

I'm thinking of somewhere else stutterdog. Oh, the tension!

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

I thought it was time for some stress release! As indicated by some cryptic answers the photos show an area on Bishopgate Street between the Scarbrough Hotel (that seems to be its official spelling, not Scarborough) and the Discovery Inn. This photo (taken like the others on August 18 2014) shows the view from Bishopgate Street that first drew my interest in having a quick look around inside. On looking at this photo more closely I notice there is an odd looking small feature at street level that is not the same as the other decorative tiles. I cannot make out what it is even on enlarging the original non-reduced image. Anyone know?Is the Discovery Inn actually open, as my general impression was that it may not be?In my comment to one of my photos I wondered where people go if there was a fire, as the area seems to be very enclosed. I've noticed now however that there is what seems like a gate on one of the photos, so perhaps that leads to another area. That could also fit in with the wheelie bins as they will be difficult to get down the steps.
Attachments
006R.jpg
006R.jpg (98.14 KiB) Viewed 3487 times
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

I would not normally bump a thread up so I apologise for doing so here. Since I posted the location answer in my post on 21-Aug-2014 18:31:06 there have only been a few more views to the thread and no comments at all. As it is about to drop out of the active threads list I thought I would bump it up in case anyone has still not seen the answer or has any comments, if only such as I never would have guessed it was the Scarbrough/Discovery Inn site!

Bruno

Post by Bruno »

Leodian wrote: .. the photos show an area on Bishopgate Street between the Scarbrough Hotel (that seems to be its official spelling, not Scarborough) and the Discovery Inn. The reason why it's spelled Scarbrough not Scarborough explained below:http://tinyurl.com/opeck92
The older I get, the better I was.

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

Bruno wrote: Leodian wrote: .. the photos show an area on Bishopgate Street between the Scarbrough Hotel (that seems to be its official spelling, not Scarborough) and the Discovery Inn. The reason why it's spelled Scarbrough not Scarborough explained below:http://tinyurl.com/opeck92 Thanks for that link Bruno.

Bruno

Post by Bruno »

You're very welcome, Leo.
The older I get, the better I was.