Where is this?

How well do you know Leeds?
Leodian

Post by Leodian »

I took this photo today (August 18 2014). Passing by somewhere in the centre of Leeds I noticed this area was open. It will no doubt be often opened to get the barrels in and out, but it has always been closed off whenever I've passed before. Hoping not to be caught trespassing and/or even getting locked in I quickly went in and took some photos. The steps lead to an open but enclosed area. Where was the photo taken? Cryptic clues at first please if you know it.    
Attachments
007R.jpg
007R.jpg (86.14 KiB) Viewed 4069 times
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

No response yet. I don't know if that is because it is so easy that nobody feels it is worth answering or if it is hard and nobody knows for definite! In case it is hard this photo showing part of the open but enclosed area may help.
Attachments
011R.jpg
011R.jpg (72.47 KiB) Viewed 4069 times

Cardiarms

Post by Cardiarms »

Stumped

Dalehelms

Post by Dalehelms »

I'm always stumped!

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

The enclosed area is not particularly large but there is a lot backing onto it. This is a view of another part of that area.
Attachments
010R.jpg
010R.jpg (101.6 KiB) Viewed 4069 times

tilly

Post by tilly »

Dalehelms wrote: I'm always stumped! Same with me i must start looking around me more often.
No matter were i end my days im an Hunslet lad with Hunslet ways.

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

Back of the Pack Horse?
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds [email protected]

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

Sorry cnosni but no.This is another photo that I took in the open but enclosed area. I suspect this may give the answer. Assuming (as seems likely) that the steps are a fire escape then it does seem to be a rather enclosed area to congregate into if there was an emergency, though probably better than nothing.
Attachments
009R.jpg
009R.jpg (113.57 KiB) Viewed 4069 times

The Parksider

Post by The Parksider »

Leodian wrote: Sorry cnosni but no.This is another photo that I took in the open but enclosed area. I suspect this may give the answer. Assuming (as seems likely) that the steps are a fire escape then it does seem to be a rather enclosed area to congregate into if there was an emergency, though probably better than nothing. Anywhere near the seaside?

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

The Parksider wrote: Leodian wrote: Sorry cnosni but no.This is another photo that I took in the open but enclosed area. I suspect this may give the answer. Assuming (as seems likely) that the steps are a fire escape then it does seem to be a rather enclosed area to congregate into if there was an emergency, though probably better than nothing. Anywhere near the seaside? I'm not sure The Parksider if that is cryptic or just feeding for ideas. The answer though is yes! I think that will be it now, but I shall leave it for a little while yet.