Nostalgia-fest

How well do you know Leeds?
Jogon

Post by Jogon »

Not that leafy then, suburbs.Bonus for now shot and name, number of bus route. [edit] if you click the paper clip at top of post, rather than the image, you get a full size image.
Attachments
Captureww.PNG
Captureww.PNG (0 Bytes) Viewed 3322 times

buffaloskinner

Post by buffaloskinner »

Too easy, Gledhow LaneBus 13 or 13a but not in my day
Is this the end of the story ...or the beginning of a legend?

Phill_dvsn

Post by Phill_dvsn »

buffaloskinner wrote: Bus 13 or 13a but not in my day In good old days, when buses were buses. And before dyslexic Worst Bus came along with their gharish Ice Cream van liveries     
My flickr pictures are herehttp://www.flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/Because lunacy was the influence for an album. It goes without saying that an album about lunacy will breed a lunatics obsessions with an album - The Dark side of the moon!

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

I wonder why the bus is being driven on the outside lane and has not pulled into the inner lane?
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

jdbythesea

Post by jdbythesea »

Leodian wrote: I wonder why the bus is being driven on the outside lane and has not pulled into the inner lane? Is anyone driving it?

LS1

Post by LS1 »

jdbythesea wrote: Leodian wrote: I wonder why the bus is being driven on the outside lane and has not pulled into the inner lane? Is anyone driving it? Just a pair of hands.

buffaloskinner

Post by buffaloskinner »

Leodian wrote: I wonder why the bus is being driven on the outside lane and has not pulled into the inner lane? Cos its just overtaking some idiot stood in the road with a camera.
Is this the end of the story ...or the beginning of a legend?

j.c.d.

Post by j.c.d. »

Maybe the cameraman is there because of some incident and the vehicles are parked. can't make out the car but the yellow van looks like a Commer.

Phill_dvsn

Post by Phill_dvsn »

That's probably the widest part of the road Leo. It's a tight squeeze to pass another car everywhere else. So with a bus you've no chance of getting past. The road singles out a little further on, the middle grass verge ends.. so the car driver wouldn't get anywhere till they get to that part of the road. In those days cars weren't much faster than buses anyway. It would have been one of those red face.... Come on, come on dam car... bashing the steering wheel, embarrassing red faced moments         
My flickr pictures are herehttp://www.flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/Because lunacy was the influence for an album. It goes without saying that an album about lunacy will breed a lunatics obsessions with an album - The Dark side of the moon!

Bruno

Post by Bruno »

j.c.d. wrote: can't make out the car The car's a Morris Oxford, isn't it?
The older I get, the better I was.