What and where in Leeds.

How well do you know Leeds?
jim

Post by jim »

Footpaths, tunnels, bridge - and a special tunnel nearby?

Phill_dvsn

Post by Phill_dvsn »

jim wrote: Footpaths, tunnels, bridge - and a special tunnel nearby? Jim, name that tune in one.You can guess it if you know it
My flickr pictures are herehttp://www.flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/Because lunacy was the influence for an album. It goes without saying that an album about lunacy will breed a lunatics obsessions with an album - The Dark side of the moon!

Jogon

Post by Jogon »

Sad to say, that looks soooo familiar. I think it's in my melon, but my data retrieval's not what it was... My first thought was the Playhouse (as was).No don't tell me, it's err..phwooh tip of me tongue etc

Jogon

Post by Jogon »

First and last desperate guess - the lawned top of inner ring road at front of Mat Hospital by footbridge Great George st?

biofichompinc

Post by biofichompinc »

Has Henry Price got a good view of this little lot?

Phill_dvsn

Post by Phill_dvsn »

Jogon wrote: First and last desperate guess - the lawned top of inner ring road at front of Mat Hospital by footbridge Great George st? Yeah...He's got it at last It's the top of the Westgate tunnel. When built it was (might still be) the longest road tunnel without any ventilation in Europe.The wider view with St George's crypt in the distance. The building at the side is the Clarendon Wing. A ramped footbridge travels over the Ring Road seen on the right. It's quite easy to walk straight passed that neat grassed area and not really appreciate it's on top of a road tunnel. Full trees even grow on top.And a more familiar view to Leeds folk     And the concrete box tunnel during construction in 1974.Both photos from Leodis herehttp://tinyurl.com/oohupjyCan anyone recall what stood on top of the tunnel before the Clarendon wing was built?
My flickr pictures are herehttp://www.flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/Because lunacy was the influence for an album. It goes without saying that an album about lunacy will breed a lunatics obsessions with an album - The Dark side of the moon!

jim

Post by jim »

Oh dear, my guess was at least two miles out!

Jogon

Post by Jogon »

Had a mate worked for Radio Leeds. Driving under that tunnel with him, he used to go quiet...I'll get my coat...

dogduke

Post by dogduke »

jim wrote: Oh dear, my guess was at least two miles out! I thought is side/rear of Quarry House (kremlin,the Russian connection)
Consciousness: That annoying time between naps.90% of being smart is knowing what you're dumb at.

LS1

Post by LS1 »

Good one Phill ;-)