A sort of W&W. And a little diversion for the weekend.

How well do you know Leeds?
Bruno

Post by Bruno »

Not forgetting Leeds Minster, formerly known as Leeds Paris Church I'll get me coat...
The older I get, the better I was.

Johnny39

Post by Johnny39 »

Victoria Street LS3 - Seychelles.
Daft I call it - What's for tea Ma?

polo

Post by polo »

st georges st     Grenadast johns place     Antuiga

jdbythesea

Post by jdbythesea »

Washington Street off Kirkstall Road.

raveydavey

Post by raveydavey »

Not a capital anymore, but there are the Luxors (Egypt) in HarehillsI can think of a "nearly" or two...Bogota Hill Drive (Colombia)Harare-Hills Lane (Zimbabwe)I'll get my coat...
Speaking the Truth in times of universal deceit is a revolutionary act – George Orwell

biofichompinc

Post by biofichompinc »

Good effort all round. Got most of the ones I had written down, and a few extra for good measure.So just to clear up.....PoloI presume the street name in Chapeltown is Nassau Place. What are, or were the two in town - one still there and one not?There is a London Street (and Lane) in Rawdon. Leeds postcode.Vienna's OK. But I think it's Court, rather than Street.Uncle MickWere you in the same class as J? Unless Bombay really has been the Indian capital.Geordie & BrunoExtra points for Moscow and Copenhagen. Both demolished I think.And Leeds also used to have Berlin names, also demolished.Johnny39Well done with Brussels Street. Not one of Leeds' better known thoroughfares.JDbytheSeaWashington DC. Most powerful country in the world. Last out of the bag. Well done to you. Thanks all for having a go.

polo

Post by polo »

Hi SnP the chapeltown one was Hamilton Ave and Vienna IS street NOT court

polo

Post by polo »

Sorry forgot to add the one no longer there was ST johns place and the one still there was great george st. I did add them later as i failed to believe other people werent looking at a list of capitals with getting the cuacios islands. However i had no help with the leeds streets

polo

Post by polo »

Sorry not great george st i meant ST george st

uncle mick

Post by uncle mick »

[quotenick="salt 'n pepper"]Uncle MickWere you in the same class as J? Unless Bombay really has been the Indian capital.Yes we were in the same class, he used to copy off me Pretoria Street (off Easy Road) Pretoria is one of the 3 capital cities of South AfricaPalermo Street (off Hunslet Road) SicilyLondon Yard (Town Street, Lower Wortley)