A sort of W&W. And a little diversion for the weekend.

How well do you know Leeds?
tilly

Post by tilly »

I cant even think of one sad or what.
No matter were i end my days im an Hunslet lad with Hunslet ways.

jim

Post by jim »

salt 'n pepper wrote: jim wrote: Lisbon Street, runs north from Wellington Street to where the International Pool isn't. Interesting Jim. And very clever.Were you really giving us one there and in so doing, contributing an unwitting second.I never noticed the trick until Geordie mentioned it. I must own up. Purely accidental - I completely overlooked the fact that Wellington is a capital!

Jogon

Post by Jogon »

salt 'n pepper wrote: Geordie-exile wrote: lads...and I hope lasses? Moscow StreetKingston Terrace Kingston Terrace is more like it Geordie.Come on J. Remember what those blokes at the front used to say at school about reading the question.     Ah, school, ice inside the windows, mum's knitted balaclavas, weekly deliveries by the coal-man and a bottle of warm milk at 1000hrs, Miss Templar slapping you on the side of the head perforating one's eardrum, but we were happy.Sorry sir, what was the question (lol)

uncle mick

Post by uncle mick »

salt 'n pepper"There are quite a few national capitals contained in the street names of Leeds"Jogon"New York Street next to the Markets"Jogon"Sorry sir, what was the question (lol)"Go stand in the corner Jogon     

tilly

Post by tilly »

Jogon wrote: salt 'n pepper wrote: Geordie-exile wrote: lads...and I hope lasses? Moscow StreetKingston Terrace Kingston Terrace is more like it Geordie.Come on J. Remember what those blokes at the front used to say at school about reading the question.     Ah, school, ice inside the windows, mum's knitted balaclavas, weekly deliveries by the coal-man and a bottle of warm milk at 1000hrs, Miss Templar slapping you on the side of the head perforating one's eardrum, but we were happy.Sorry sir, what was the question (lol) Hi Jogon I dont know what your on but if you have any left i will have some if you dont mind .LOL
No matter were i end my days im an Hunslet lad with Hunslet ways.

Johnny39

Post by Johnny39 »

I'm pushing this one a bit - Santiago - St. James' Approach, LS14. Please forgive me.
Daft I call it - What's for tea Ma?

Bruno

Post by Bruno »

The older I get, the better I was.

Bruno

Post by Bruno »

Cockburn Close in Beeston.Cockburn is the capital of the Turks and Caicos Islands.

Bruno

Post by Bruno »

Douglas Street, Hunslet.http://www.leodis.net/display.aspx?reso ... 0998477I'm enjoying this one....

Bruno

Post by Bruno »

Gibraltar Island Road, LS10. Gibraltar is the capital of Gibraltar.Hamilton Gardens (off Louis St) in Chapeltown. Hamilton is the capital of Bermuda.