A sort of W&W. And a little diversion for the weekend.

How well do you know Leeds?
biofichompinc

Post by biofichompinc »

Here's something a little different in the W&W category. Might last over the weekend, or maybe you knowledgeable SLers will see it off in a matter of hours.Try it without the benefit of online help at first. Some are obvious and will be well known to all, although sometimes the obvious ones are the ones that are missed.Oh yes, the question.There are quite a few national capitals contained in the street names of Leeds. I have a specific number in mind but this exercise may reveal there are actually more.So what are they? Each answer to be accompanied by detail of the location.For the lads in the premier league, extra points for any appropriate street names that have long since been consigned to Demolition City.    

Jogon

Post by Jogon »

'Something for the weekend Sir?'..Well there's Quebec Street just off City Square, named after a village near Durham.

Jogon

Post by Jogon »

New York Street next to the Markets.

Jogon

Post by Jogon »

Sure I've seen a Melbourne Street, tho dunno where it.

String o' beads

Post by String o' beads »

lads...and I hope lasses? Moscow StreetKingston Terrace

biofichompinc

Post by biofichompinc »

Geordie-exile wrote: lads...and I hope lasses? Moscow StreetKingston Terrace Kingston Terrace is more like it Geordie.Come on J. Remember what those blokes at the front used to say at school about reading the question.    

String o' beads

Geordie-exile wrote: lads...and I hope lasses? Moscow StreetKingston Terrace Forgot to add, Moscow Street was near Templar StreetKingston Terrace was up Woodhouse

jim

Post by jim »

Lisbon Street, runs north from Wellington Street to where the International Pool isn't.

String o' beads

Doh. And Wellington Street of course. No explanation needed. ETA: Cross posted with jim, honest injun!

biofichompinc

Post by biofichompinc »

Geordie-exile wrote: Doh. And Wellington Street of course. No explanation needed. That's what I meant about the obvious ones.