What and where six

How well do you know Leeds?
The Parksider

Post by The Parksider »

Johnny39 wrote: I'm going to have a stab at Temple Newsam. 'Spect it's wrong. Oh dear!!!If you have the answer Johnny then you join me in giving clues to the others whilst they get it..... No matter though!!!!You can tell me the connection with the Pack Horse..........

Johnny39

Post by Johnny39 »

The thing is Parksider I'm not quite sure how this works. Do you have to wait 'til all the clues are revealed before having a go at the solution? I didn't mean to be a dog in the manger by having a go, and I had no intention of spoiling the outcome to the conundrum. I assure you I was only having a stab in the dark with TN and even now it is a pure guess. I look forward to further clues and until I'm certain, I'll keep my guesses to myself.
Daft I call it - What's for tea Ma?

Johnny39

Post by Johnny39 »

The Parksider wrote: Johnny39 wrote: I'm going to have a stab at Temple Newsam. 'Spect it's wrong. Oh dear!!!If you have the answer Johnny then you join me in giving clues to the others whilst they get it..... No matter though!!!!You can tell me the connection with the Pack Horse.......... Am I being lead to an even grander pile of bricks and mortar?

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

The gates on the roundabout at Crossgates.
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds [email protected]

Johnny39

Post by Johnny39 »

The Parksider wrote: Johnny39 wrote: I'm going to have a stab at Temple Newsam. 'Spect it's wrong. Oh dear!!!If you have the answer Johnny then you join me in giving clues to the others whilst they get it..... No matter though!!!!You can tell me the connection with the Pack Horse.......... Parksider, I don't have the answer but I get the impression I have somehow, unwittingly, let the cat out of the bag and, judging by the silence, you are less than pleased with my attempt at solving the conundrum. I've had a go at your "Pack Horse" clue but it seems the door has been firmly shut

Phill_dvsn

Post by Phill_dvsn »

Johnny39 wrote: The Parksider wrote: Johnny39 wrote: I'm going to have a stab at Temple Newsam. 'Spect it's wrong. Oh dear!!!If you have the answer Johnny then you join me in giving clues to the others whilst they get it..... No matter though!!!!You can tell me the connection with the Pack Horse.......... Parksider, I don't have the answer but I get the impression I have somehow, unwittingly, let the cat out of the bag and, judging by the silence, you are less than pleased with my attempt at solving the conundrum. I've had a go at your "Pack Horse" clue but it seems the door has been firmly shut Johnny has a point here. I'm finding these puzzles confusing too. I thought the 'not guessing answers' on S.L was only started as a voluntary act of sportsmanship when you knew the answer straight away, and was 100% certain. These cryptic puzzles are different, you never know if your are guessing in the right direction. And therefore you can't leave clues for others. We never find out if these clues are any good, so we end up having to say the answer outright. We have no idea if it's right or wrong, so we have no idea if were spoiling the puzzle.It's at the stage now where people do know the answer, but aren't allowed to say so. When do we actually answer these puzzles?I think with these cryptic puzzles, you have to be straight to the point and answer them outright. If they are guessed easily, then that's how puzzles work. Some are easy, and some are hard? If you have to work out an answer, it's only fair to be awarded with guessing the right answer yes?Any more thoughts, or clarification??        
My flickr pictures are herehttp://www.flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/Because lunacy was the influence for an album. It goes without saying that an album about lunacy will breed a lunatics obsessions with an album - The Dark side of the moon!

Johnny39

Post by Johnny39 »

Thanks Phil for making things clearer. I get the impression I have stood on someone's toes and this was never my intention.

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

Phill_dvsn wrote: Johnny39 wrote: The Parksider wrote: Johnny39 wrote: I'm going to have a stab at Temple Newsam. 'Spect it's wrong. Oh dear!!!If you have the answer Johnny then you join me in giving clues to the others whilst they get it..... No matter though!!!!You can tell me the connection with the Pack Horse.......... Parksider, I don't have the answer but I get the impression I have somehow, unwittingly, let the cat out of the bag and, judging by the silence, you are less than pleased with my attempt at solving the conundrum. I've had a go at your "Pack Horse" clue but it seems the door has been firmly shut Johnny has a point here. I'm finding these puzzles confusing too. I thought the 'not guessing answers' on S.L was only started as a voluntary act of sportsmanship when you knew the answer straight away, and was 100% certain. These cryptic puzzles are different, you never know if your are guessing in the right direction. And therefore you can't leave clues for others. We never find out if these clues are any good, so we end up having to say the answer outright. We have no idea if it's right or wrong, so we have no idea if were spoiling the puzzle.It's at the stage now where people do know the answer, but aren't allowed to say so. When do we actually answer these puzzles?I think with these cryptic puzzles, you have to be straight to the point and answer them outright. If they are guessed easily, then that's how puzzles work. Some are easy, and some are hard? If you have to work out an answer, it's only fair to be awarded with guessing the right answer yes?Any more thoughts, or clarification??         Exactly Phil.Anyway,again,Crossgates roundaout,the metal gates in the middle
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds [email protected]

kango

Post by kango »

Agreed that's why I waited till the death before answering the last one even though I knew the answer early on.

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

Still no answer Parksider, Crossgates or not?