What am I?

How well do you know Leeds?
hyperion

Post by hyperion »

A little competition in The Parksider style, consisting of four clues .First clue-- As the crow fly's i'm about one third of a mile away from where they sow the seeds.Get that Tim to ask Joe Maiden he should know , He's looking down on us now.!!
They say i have no talent and that I'm difficult to work with.And they say it as if its a bad thing

hyperion

Post by hyperion »

It seems we are having a bit of trouble getting started . I can break the first clue down a bit for you as it's only a reference point.Where they sow the seedscould it be the seeds of Knowledge could it be sowing there oatswith the introduction of a gardener could it be a method used to sow seedsand with the introduction tim and joe who have a show on sundays who could be called !! and looking down on us could it be something high.Second clue.If you pressed me i would have to tell you i'm not planning anything.Oh and thank you to whoever did that bit of editing for me
They say i have no talent and that I'm difficult to work with.And they say it as if its a bad thing

hyperion

Post by hyperion »

The answer to clue one was, BROADCASTING TOWER.Third clue, IF you look to the heavens you might see the light.

Phill_dvsn

Post by Phill_dvsn »

Maybe if you came up with an original idea, and showed some imagination for a guess where puzzle - Instead of ripping Parksiders idea off. People might have a go at guessing yours. It's always wise to speak to people firstly in the same manner you'd like to be spoken back to.That is all             
My flickr pictures are herehttp://www.flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/Because lunacy was the influence for an album. It goes without saying that an album about lunacy will breed a lunatics obsessions with an album - The Dark side of the moon!

hyperion

Post by hyperion »

Sorry phill or anyone if i have offended them , but this comptition his slightly different from, the parksiders format as it as a set of four set clues . And i did acknowledge the parksider in this thread. Incidently i was planning a thread of the future which has a item imaged by youself near by, but in the public domain, and i would not dream of using someone text or images. It's sometimes very hard to be completely Original as the founding members of this site have just about covered everything of interest in this city. And this site is too importent to just fade away.

String o' beads

Post by String o' beads »

Phill_dvsn wrote: Maybe if you came up with an original idea, and showed some imagination for a guess where puzzle - Instead of ripping Parksiders idea off. People might have a go at guessing yours. It's always wise to speak to people firstly in the same manner you'd like to be spoken back to.That is all              How rude. Let's not discourage new contributors please. If hyperion breaks any rules there are moderators who will deal with it but as far as I can see he/she hasn't. Please observe the rules and report anything untoward in the correct fashion.

Phill_dvsn

Post by Phill_dvsn »

Geordie-exile wrote: Phill_dvsn wrote: Maybe if you came up with an original idea, and showed some imagination for a guess where puzzle - Instead of ripping Parksiders idea off. People might have a go at guessing yours. It's always wise to speak to people firstly in the same manner you'd like to be spoken back to.That is all              How rude. Let's not discourage new contributors please. If hyperion breaks any rules there are moderators who will deal with it but as far as I can see he/she hasn't. Please observe the rules and report anything untoward in the correct fashion. Only replying in the same manner and tone as his first rude and uncalled for first post on Secret Leeds herehttp://www.secretleeds.com/forum/Messages.aspx ... 0&#102010I see he's also not endearing himself to other posters elsewhere on this forum either.    
My flickr pictures are herehttp://www.flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/Because lunacy was the influence for an album. It goes without saying that an album about lunacy will breed a lunatics obsessions with an album - The Dark side of the moon!

String o' beads

Post by String o' beads »

You're not a moderator so please report anything you find offensive to those who are.

Phill_dvsn

Post by Phill_dvsn »

Geordie-exile wrote: You're not a moderator Neither are you, and therefore I have nothing further more to say to you also.    

hyperion

Post by hyperion »

I'm i being rude or offensive , Just returned to my first post to see and all i said was we should be carefull what pictures we use without proper or any kind of acknowledgment, to which you agreed with me . You know at this moment the government are trying make changes to the internet rightly or wrongly. And soon the issue of copywrite infringment might come up, and knowing the government they will predictably try to make the owners personaly liable for any infringment. A site which we claim to love to which we pay not one penny, and now long would this valuable resource last then .