A quick 'What & Where'?

How well do you know Leeds?
buffaloskinner

Post by buffaloskinner »

unslet wrote: Hi All.First time poster here,acquaintance of the esteemed Parksider.The photo in the YEP is a zoomed in shot from outside Belle Isle WMC on Belle Isle Road.John. Sorry but not so .......It's actually taken from the bottom of Town Street on Belle Isle Road, not from the old Belle Isle working mens. On the right is Nesfield View.
Is this the end of the story ...or the beginning of a legend?

raveydavey

Post by raveydavey »

buffaloskinner wrote: unslet wrote: Hi All.First time poster here,acquaintance of the esteemed Parksider.The photo in the YEP is a zoomed in shot from outside Belle Isle WMC on Belle Isle Road.John. Sorry but not so .......It's actually taken from the bottom of Town Street on Belle Isle Road, not from the old Belle Isle working mens. On the right is Nesfield View. You're right Buffalo - when I've checked StreetView, the best approximation I can get is this pic, which is the junction of Belle Isle Road and Nesfield View.
Attachments
Belleisle.jpg
Belleisle.jpg (155.92 KiB) Viewed 2938 times
Speaking the Truth in times of universal deceit is a revolutionary act – George Orwell

biofichompinc

Post by biofichompinc »

raveydavey wrote: buffaloskinner wrote: unslet wrote: Hi All.First time poster here,acquaintance of the esteemed Parksider.The photo in the YEP is a zoomed in shot from outside Belle Isle WMC on Belle Isle Road.John. Sorry but not so .......It's actually taken from the bottom of Town Street on Belle Isle Road, not from the old Belle Isle working mens. On the right is Nesfield View. You're right Buffalo - when I've checked StreetView, the best approximation I can get is this pic, which is the junction of Belle Isle Road and Nesfield View. Come on lads. We're only arguing about a hundred yards or so - maybe double that.But having said that, I'm with the new guy, unslet. The shot is taken from further up the gradient nearer to Belle Isle WMC and not at the junction of Belle Isle Road and Town Street. Look at the relative positions of the phone box, the BT cabinet and whatever that other installation is that is taller than the BT cabinet.The key is - as unslet says - that it is a zoomed in shot.    

buffaloskinner

Post by buffaloskinner »

salt 'n pepper wrote: raveydavey wrote: buffaloskinner wrote: unslet wrote: Hi All.First time poster here,acquaintance of the esteemed Parksider.The photo in the YEP is a zoomed in shot from outside Belle Isle WMC on Belle Isle Road.John. Sorry but not so .......It's actually taken from the bottom of Town Street on Belle Isle Road, not from the old Belle Isle working mens. On the right is Nesfield View. You're right Buffalo - when I've checked StreetView, the best approximation I can get is this pic, which is the junction of Belle Isle Road and Nesfield View. Come on lads. We're only arguing about a hundred yards or so - maybe double that.But having said that, I'm with the new guy, unslet. The shot is taken from further up the gradient nearer to Belle Isle WMC and not at the junction of Belle Isle Road and Town Street. Look at the relative positions of the phone box, the BT cabinet and whatever that other installation is that is taller than the BT cabinet.The key is - as unslet says - that it is a zoomed in shot.     Couple of hundred yards ha ha, get your ruler outI believe I should know where it is as I live just around the corner, and it definately is NOT Belle Isle Circus. You stick with the new guy if you want but I wouldnt go hiking with him.

geoffb

Post by geoffb »

This is why this sites going downhill at an alarming rate, we get anew member and all we can do is criticise. I bet unslet will not post again on fear of been slated. Keep sweeping the seas unslet, Grow up and get real. And a happy new year to you all.

tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

Definitely zoomed but in order to miss the tree still just visible on the right of http://goo.gl/maps/k7USn it couldn't be much further up from Nesfield View than here and probably nearer. Edit to say I agree with GeoffB any long time lurkers will be put off given unslet's treatment on his maiden post. Welcome unslet and ope you stick around
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/

tomq

Post by tomq »

buffaloskinner wrote: salt 'n pepper wrote: raveydavey wrote: buffaloskinner wrote: unslet wrote: Hi All.First time poster here,acquaintance of the esteemed Parksider.The photo in the YEP is a zoomed in shot from outside Belle Isle WMC on Belle Isle Road.John. Sorry but not so .......It's actually taken from the bottom of Town Street on Belle Isle Road, not from the old Belle Isle working mens. On the right is Nesfield View. You're right Buffalo - when I've checked StreetView, the best approximation I can get is this pic, which is the junction of Belle Isle Road and Nesfield View. Come on lads. We're only arguing about a hundred yards or so - maybe double that.But having said that, I'm with the new guy, unslet. The shot is taken from further up the gradient nearer to Belle Isle WMC and not at the junction of Belle Isle Road and Town Street. Look at the relative positions of the phone box, the BT cabinet and whatever that other installation is that is taller than the BT cabinet.The key is - as unslet says - that it is a zoomed in shot.     Couple of hundred yards ha ha, get your ruler outI believe I should know where it is as I live just around the corner, and it definately is NOT Belle Isle Circus. You stick with the new guy if you want but I wouldnt go hiking with him. Seems to me unslet & buffaloskinner are both correct. No mention of Belle Isle circus was made, which is a mile nearer town. The shot was taken from just above the town street turning which is bottom left. This would make it adjacent to Belle Isle WMC, not to be confused with the old Belle Isle hotel next to Belle Isle circus.
Tom

LS1

Post by LS1 »

geoffb wrote: This is why this sites going downhill at an alarming rate, we get anew member and all we can do is criticise. I bet unslet will not post again on fear of been slated. Keep sweeping the seas unslet, Grow up and get real. And a happy new year to you all. Am I missing something here?

buffaloskinner

Post by buffaloskinner »

I really must apologise to one and all, I completely misread what unslet said and misread it to say Belle Isle Pub, he was of course correct. It was just down from Belle Isle WMC (v2).Again sorry to everyone I may have upset and thought I was off my rocker, its been a difficult week and I must read things twice

unslet

Post by unslet »

Just got in,seems like I've caused a diplomatic incident!Never mind,gents,I've got thick skin,it'll take more than a few differences of opinion to put me off.Hope to contribute in future,if something catches my eye.Belated happy new year to all.John.