A quick 'What & Where'?

How well do you know Leeds?
raveydavey

Post by raveydavey »

The following story from this mornings YEP uses a stock photo of Leeds:http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/n ... 16Question is, where was the photo taken from?I've got an idea, but what do you think..?    
Speaking the Truth in times of universal deceit is a revolutionary act – George Orwell

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Close to a fire maybe Davey?

Jogon

Post by Jogon »

chameleon wrote: Close to a fire maybe Davey? I immediately thought up by the old Gipton nick just off York Rd. But the background is wrong, green building has a look of St Jimmys from afar. But then the tower blocks....Nor can it be oak tree drive for same detail.Coldcotes drive, not enough houses.So then I thought, Middleton which I don't know, so I don't know this one.[edit] Hello chameleon !    

unslet

Post by unslet »

Hi All.First time poster here,acquaintance of the esteemed Parksider.The photo in the YEP is a zoomed in shot from outside Belle Isle WMC on Belle Isle Road.John.

Dalehelms

Post by Dalehelms »

A warm welcome to Secret Leeds, unslet.

Jogon

Post by Jogon »

'ello 'unslet and welcome.thanks for that.

unslet

Post by unslet »

My pleasure.Thanks for the kind words.

raveydavey

Post by raveydavey »

unslet wrote: Hi All.First time poster here,acquaintance of the esteemed Parksider.The photo in the YEP is a zoomed in shot from outside Belle Isle WMC on Belle Isle Road.John. Welcome and well done (almost - see below!)     
Speaking the Truth in times of universal deceit is a revolutionary act – George Orwell

Jogon

Post by Jogon »

Any chance of a 'streetview now' shot?and was that St Jimmys in the the distance?

raveydavey

Post by raveydavey »

Jogon wrote: Any chance of a 'streetview now' shot?and was that St Jimmys in the the distance? It is. As for the street view shot, I'll try later but no promises