WHERE IN LEEDS - another teaser

How well do you know Leeds?
Cardiarms

Post by Cardiarms »

Another letting agency I think. there's a gas lamp around the back bing methodical.

BLAKEY

Post by BLAKEY »

Cardiarms wrote: Another letting agency I think. there's a gas lamp around the back bing methodical. I admire your ministrations Cardiarms     
There's nothing like keeping the past alive - it makes us relieved to reflect that any bad times have gone, and happy to relive all the joyful and fascinating experiences of our own and other folks' earlier days.

BLAKEY

Post by BLAKEY »

Leodian wrote: ]I don't know and am waiting keenly to find out where it is. It looks to be a recently externally cleaned building and (based on what I think the cryptic clues seem to imply) it is in the Headingley area. I'm not sure how long these puzzles last before we give the answer, but if Leodian hasn't been inspired yet perhaps we should let him know soon ??
There's nothing like keeping the past alive - it makes us relieved to reflect that any bad times have gone, and happy to relive all the joyful and fascinating experiences of our own and other folks' earlier days.

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

Please do Blakey as I still don't know, but then I rarely do on W&W threads that I've not started!
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

BLAKEY

Post by BLAKEY »

Leodian wrote: Please do Blakey as I still don't know, but then I rarely do on W&W threads that I've not started! Here we are then Leodian - its the former Council Rent Office in North Lane, opposite the library.Its been cleaned externally just recently, and the frontage restored very nicely. The "Overseers' Office" name was covered up until then, as was "Pro Rege et Lege" which is beautifully painted now. I think the building was sold by the Council lately, but as far as I remember when the Housing Department moved out it was something to do with Social Services for a while. Open to correction of course on any of these items.    

Brunel

Post by Brunel »

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

Cheers. I would not have known. It's interesting that it has been covered over. I wonder what else might be covered in Leeds and even now forgotten all about that is waiting to be found (if not unknowingly destroyed first). The North Bar stone that seems (hopefully) to be covered over at the old West Yorkshire bus station on Vicar Lane is one that comes to mind, though that is not forgotten just hidden!
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.