Where ? ( not known)

How well do you know Leeds?
Jogon

Post by Jogon »

commercial street leedslink to go bighttp://www.flickr.com/photos/bradford_timeline ... otostream/

tilly

Post by tilly »

Hi jogon Bettys was were the cloths shop is on your photograph.Of course your photograph was taken long before Bettys moved in, but when that was i dont know.I seem to remember the frontage was the same when Bettys were there.    
No matter were i end my days im an Hunslet lad with Hunslet ways.

uncle mick

Post by uncle mick »

tilly wrote: Hi jogon Bettys was were the cloths shop is on your photograph.Of course your photograph was taken long before Bettys moved in, but when that was i dont know.I seem to remember the frontage was the same when Bettys were there.     tilly. This link was posted earlier in the thread, plenty of info in the commentshttp://www.leodis.org/display.aspx?resourceIde ... SPLAY=FULL

tilly

Post by tilly »

uncle mick wrote: tilly wrote: Hi jogon Bettys was were the cloths shop is on your photograph.Of course your photograph was taken long before Bettys moved in, but when that was i dont know.I seem to remember the frontage was the same when Bettys were there.     tilly. This link was posted earlier in the thread, plenty of info in the commentshttp://www.leodis.org/display.aspx?resourceIde ... SPLAY=FULL Thanks for that uncle mick i was wrong about the frontage i must keep up with the posts.Bettys was far too posh for me to go in back then,now i would just park the Rolls outside and call in for a coffee.He He.

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

tilly wrote: uncle mick wrote: tilly wrote: Hi jogon Bettys was were the cloths shop is on your photograph.Of course your photograph was taken long before Bettys moved in, but when that was i dont know.I seem to remember the frontage was the same when Bettys were there.     tilly. This link was posted earlier in the thread, plenty of info in the commentshttp://www.leodis.org/display.aspx?resourceIde ... SPLAY=FULL Thanks for that uncle mick i was wrong about the frontage i must keep up with the posts.Bettys was far too posh for me to go in back then,now i would just park the Rolls outside and call in for a coffee.He He. Hi Tilly. Being brought up in a poor working class family (like many then) in the late 1940's to at least mid-1950's there were posh shops in Leeds that we would never even dare go into, such as Marshall & Snelgrove. I think that is why I've never been into Harvey Nichols, as I'm pre-conditioned not to enter what I regard as posh stores.    
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

tilly

Post by tilly »

Hi leodion same here my mum tended to shop in the market or on Hunslet Road.I have seen her go to the pawn shop a few times but she allways did us proud god bless her.

Jogon

Post by Jogon »

TillyI wasn't aware of Bettys.Surprised to hear it was there till 1976.Likewise, it was off my radar. Lewis's & Cashdesia was 'top end' for us.

Jogon

Post by Jogon »

uncle mick wrote: Another shoppers bus on Commercial Street courtesy of Guy Arab Eric Miles' 1970s capture of Bettys
Attachments
Eric Miles.PNG1.PNG
Eric Miles.PNG1.PNG (0 Bytes) Viewed 5196 times

amber

Post by amber »

I was the second bus to drive through the precinct and carried Robert Hall ( who still is a BBC reporter) who interviewed my self and the 2 passengers on board. they were then used on park and ride from Woodhouse multi round the shopping area. So popular that we had to use single decks on Saturday.We also took three on loan to the Peak District one Sunday and did a park and ride in Goyt Valley. I never thought that 15 years later I would be the Manager of the new mini bus fleet on 26/10/1986 deregulation day
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (33.73 KiB) Viewed 5196 times

jonleeds

Post by jonleeds »

looks a bit like a 'Micro-Rider' bus that we had in Leeds for a while.    
Attachments
microrider.jpg
microrider.jpg (23.16 KiB) Viewed 5196 times
Have your fun when you're alive - you won't get nothing when you die... have a good time all the time! - Chumbawumba!

And no matter how things end, you should always keep in touch with your friends - Dave Gedge