Where?

How well do you know Leeds?
Jogon

Post by Jogon »

I'd agree it is an interesting area, I only discovered Armley Mills Museum in the past couple of years.psLeo, if you keep pedalling up the towpath there's a good café at Salts Mill

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

Jogon wrote: I'd agree it is an interesting area, I only discovered Armley Mills Museum in the past couple of years.psLeo, if you keep pedalling up the towpath there's a good café at Salts Mill Hi Jogon.I'd need a drink (and oxygen) long before I got to there! Mind you I have thought about walking further along the canal path than I have ever done, having (a few years back) walked from the city centre to and back from near the area where Kirkstall Power Station was. With my bus pass and good bus routes it should not be difficult to not have to walk back in a least some parts and I could even do it in sections not starting from the city centre. I think Liverpool is though a bit too ambitious!
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

Jogon

Post by Jogon »

That jogged a memory Leo. Over the years we've had loads of 'bar-room plans' to walk, cycle etc Leeds-Liverpool or reverse. Never came to anything, not least because it would've used up what little holiday we had.I did speak to some canoe chaps who paddled the length of it, hopefully getting out and walking past the locks.

Jogon

Post by Jogon »

Another ace photo from Eric Miles showing 1970's slum clearance near the original subject matter of this thread.Up near Rosebank I think.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (0 Bytes) Viewed 1505 times