What & Where? #13

How well do you know Leeds?
gorwell

Post by gorwell »

St Augustine's Roman Catholic Church on Harehills Road?

munki

Post by munki »

Not St Augustine's.I'm not sure when the church was built, but I would guess at 1960s. In fact, I have kind of forgotten what it was called! But none of you are getting the location right.
'Are we surprised that men perish, when monuments themselves decay? For death comes even to stones and the names they bear.' - Ausonius.

gorwell

Post by gorwell »

Only other two churches I can think of that I have been to -Holy Family Church in Armley or Christ the King church in BramleyWorst thing is I DO recognise it as I can remember looking at it

stevief

Post by stevief »

Is it the church at Hawksworth wood?Can't think of the name.

Reginal Perrin

Post by Reginal Perrin »

The church in Halton?
Ravioli, ravioli followed by ravioli. I happen to like ravioli.

munki

Post by munki »

OK - I have actually worked out which church it is myself now using the wonder of the internet (!) & it is none of the above, though gorwell was geographically closest.& PhilD - never take my advice on architecture! It is 1930s, not 1960s.
'Are we surprised that men perish, when monuments themselves decay? For death comes even to stones and the names they bear.' - Ausonius.

Phill_d

Post by Phill_d »

Church of the epiphony Gipton?
A fool spends his entire life digging a hole for himself.A wise man knows when it's time to stop!(phill.d 2010)http://flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/

munki

Post by munki »

No!

Phill_d

Post by Phill_d »

ST WILFREDS HALTON!!!!!!!
A fool spends his entire life digging a hole for himself.A wise man knows when it's time to stop!(phill.d 2010)http://flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/

gorwell

Post by gorwell »

St Josephs Church in Pudsey or St Margarets Church in Bramley