What & Where? #03

How well do you know Leeds?
munki

Post by munki »

This is the first 'External Submission'. Thanks to Michael for sending this in. I wouldn't have known where it is!Identify this architectural feature of Leeds (close up & out of context). What is it & where is it?If you would like to submit a picture for the competition, don't post it up direct. Please send it to munki72@gmail.com (with the answer), & I will post it up when this one has been identified... probably by PhilD!
Attachments
03.jpg
03.jpg (97.94 KiB) Viewed 3590 times
'Are we surprised that men perish, when monuments themselves decay? For death comes even to stones and the names they bear.' - Ausonius.

Tony

Post by Tony »

I'll take a stab at the Sphinx in the garden of Harewood House.

pid

Post by pid »

ill shoot over the bar again by saying temple mill ?

munki

Post by munki »

Wrong both of you, I'm afraid!
'Are we surprised that men perish, when monuments themselves decay? For death comes even to stones and the names they bear.' - Ausonius.

Phill_d

Post by Phill_d »

I don't like this one... I don't know it. GRRR! It's obviously outside so it can't be in the city center. Powers of deduction are called for! Do we get clues on these? It's gotta be further afield. Stately home perhaps? Lotherton hall or somewhere???
A fool spends his entire life digging a hole for himself.A wise man knows when it's time to stop!(phill.d 2010)http://flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/

munki

Post by munki »

If it was anyone else, I'd give them a clue at this point. Ha!

Rombald

Post by Rombald »

It's obviously elevated. At first I thought it might be on top of a building, but - is it the gates of Temple Newsham?

munki

Post by munki »

That's it Rombald. Well done! We now have a League Table & some competition. #04 coming soon!

Phill_d

Post by Phill_d »

munki wrote: If it was anyone else, I'd give them a clue at this point. Ha! Thats not very sporting old chap!!!!
A fool spends his entire life digging a hole for himself.A wise man knows when it's time to stop!(phill.d 2010)http://flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/